Hello Donna
I am researching for my friend's husband's Colantuono side which he doesn't know very much about it. Gelsomino and Maria Francesca were his great paternal grandparents. The names of Gelsomino's wife and his parents are correct information. Do you have a copy of their marriage record and ...
Search found 15 matches
- 20 Sep 2013, 21:11
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Need help to figure out which region/province
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3299
- 15 Sep 2013, 23:12
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Need help to figure out which region/province
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3299
Re: Need help to figure out which region/province
Thanks. I will rent a microfilm of Villanova del Battista and research from there. Have a good day!
- 14 Sep 2013, 23:15
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Need help to figure out which region/province
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3299
Re: Need help to figure out which region/province
Here is the link from ancestry.com, see the first entry line for Gelsomino Colantuono's last resdidence. Thanks.
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NYT715_301-0438/4002960349?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2fcgi-bin%2fsse.dll%3frank%3d1%26new%3d1%26MSAV%3d0%26msT%3d1%26gss%3dangs-c ...
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NYT715_301-0438/4002960349?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2fcgi-bin%2fsse.dll%3frank%3d1%26new%3d1%26MSAV%3d0%26msT%3d1%26gss%3dangs-c ...
- 14 Sep 2013, 22:39
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Need help to figure out which region/province
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3299
Need help to figure out which region/province
According to the ship manifest, the last residence was South Villanova Sel B., Italy. Could you tell me which region or province does this town locate at? Also, what does Sel B. mean to? Thanks in advance.
- 30 Jan 2011, 20:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Roadblock on finding ship manifest - Cauda
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1573
Roadblock on finding ship manifest - Cauda
I was told that my grandfather Giovanni Battista Cauda (John Michael Cauda) was born in New Jersey in 1906 and then, Giovanni’s parents and Giovanni went back to Turnio, Italy because they didn’t like here in US when they stayed in US briefly. I don’t know anything about his parents, siblings ...
- 29 Jan 2011, 18:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2866
Re: Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo
Hi Laura
This morning I went to the nearest Family History Center to request the microfilms as you suggested. I was told that the microfilms will come within two weeks. I can't wait to research for this and I will follow up with you when I get the chance to see any records to confirm my research ...
This morning I went to the nearest Family History Center to request the microfilms as you suggested. I was told that the microfilms will come within two weeks. I can't wait to research for this and I will follow up with you when I get the chance to see any records to confirm my research ...
- 26 Jan 2011, 19:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2866
Re: Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo
By the way, is there a way to check out Guiseppe Urgo and Angela Maria Rubertone's marriage record before 1866, it will tell his parents' names were in order to confirm the death certificate. The earlier marriage record can go back to 1866 on the ancestry.com. There were no 1867 marriage listed ...
- 26 Jan 2011, 19:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2866
Re: Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo
You are right about the street name Via Lilio that's where Urgo were resided as well as Benedetto. I can't confirm his parents. As far as I go to the level is Guiseppe Urgo and nothing above him. That's the reason I wanted to find out what Guiseepe's parents' names are on Guiseppe's death ...
- 26 Jan 2011, 18:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2866
Re: Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo
I had checked that one already before you mentioned. No, it was not my ancestor. Guiseppe Urgo's wife is Angela Maria Rubertone. Later on Angela Maria Rubertone remarried to Salvatore Benedetto in 1888.
- 26 Jan 2011, 16:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2866
Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo
I have been combed through ten years gap 1877 to 1887 of death records in Anzi, Potenza, Italy from Ancestry.com website. His last son Donato Antonio was born Dec 19, 1877 and his first daughter Maria Teresa Urgo's marriage was taken on Dec 4, 1887, which her marriage record revealed that her father ...
- 15 Feb 2008, 23:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Emigration Recordss from US to Italy before WW1 ??
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12119
Re: Emigration Recordss from US to Italy before WW1 ??
Hi Elizabeth
This is wrong Margeherita in 1920. Margeherita Marsero was born in Turino Italy before came to America. She married Giovanni Cauda and had a son Giovanni in Englewood, NJ. They already left America to return back to Italy before WW1 and never return to America.
Thanks for your efforts ...
This is wrong Margeherita in 1920. Margeherita Marsero was born in Turino Italy before came to America. She married Giovanni Cauda and had a son Giovanni in Englewood, NJ. They already left America to return back to Italy before WW1 and never return to America.
Thanks for your efforts ...
- 15 Feb 2008, 21:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Emigration Recordss from US to Italy before WW1 ??
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12119
Re: Emigration Recordss from US to Italy before WW1 ??
Hello Peter,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I am still waiting to hear from my uncle to get more information about Giovanni Cauda. No luck... The first Giovanni Cauda is not right person. The second Giovanni Cauda, it could be the one but I can not confirmed until I get word from my Uncle ...
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I am still waiting to hear from my uncle to get more information about Giovanni Cauda. No luck... The first Giovanni Cauda is not right person. The second Giovanni Cauda, it could be the one but I can not confirmed until I get word from my Uncle ...
- 29 Jan 2008, 15:22
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Emigration Recordss from US to Italy before WW1 ??
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12119
Re: Emigration Recordss from US to Italy before WW1 ??
I am not so quite 100% sure about this possible manifest of Margherita Marsero, which I have seen this before. Like I said, I dont know much about my grandfather's parents & family, I don't know if my grandfather's parents married in Italy first then come to US or that possible manifest of ...
- 28 Jan 2008, 21:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Emigration Recordss from US to Italy before WW1 ??
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12119
Re: Emigration Recordss from US to Italy before WW1 ??
My grandfather's parents' names were Giovanni Cauda (b. 1880) and Margherita Marsero (b. 1883). They came from Turnio, Italy I believe they came to US to settle in New Jersey before my grandfather was born in Englewood, New Jersey on June 6, 1906. I have no idea about the children's names. I even ...
- 28 Jan 2008, 19:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Emigration Recordss from US to Italy before WW1 ??
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12119
Emigration Recordss from US to Italy before WW1 ??
Are there any emigration records documented available to indicate that my grandfather John "Giovanni Battista" Cauda with his parents went back to Italy from US around before WW1 began? His parents came to US first unknown date, then my grandfather born here in 1906. I found my grandfather came back ...