Hi saunj,
Amazing and thank you. I am interested in Luigi and Mary's son John William Orso and about how he went to South Africa with his father Luigi and his brother Secondo. The link to familysearch for John William gives just the smallest of details for me. Are you able to see his birth ...
Search found 9 matches
- 07 Sep 2021, 10:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Seeking information on Luigi Orso arrived in New York in 1901 from Cabella, Piedmonte, Italy.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6158
- 28 Aug 2021, 18:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Seeking help finding information on Luigi Orso arrived in New York in 1901 from Cabella, Piedmonte, Italy please
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5761
Re: Seeking help finding information on Luigi Orso arrived in New York in 1901 from Cabella, Piedmonte, Italy please
Dark horse,
This is so interesting. I am going to talk to my Dad to see if this jogs any memories for him . He's always maintained the brother went to the US. I think he said that his dad visited his uncle in US, which could have been Luigi. I need a little time to write all this down and make ...
This is so interesting. I am going to talk to my Dad to see if this jogs any memories for him . He's always maintained the brother went to the US. I think he said that his dad visited his uncle in US, which could have been Luigi. I need a little time to write all this down and make ...
- 28 Aug 2021, 12:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Seeking help finding information on Luigi Orso arrived in New York in 1901 from Cabella, Piedmonte, Italy please
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5761
Re: Seeking help finding information on Luigi Orso arrived in New York in 1901 from Cabella, Piedmonte, Italy please
Darkerhorse,
Thank you so much for doing this for me. Thanks to the marriage certificate which shows the same father's name as my great grandfather's birth certificate and the way all the dates and ages tie together along with the other clues such has daughters name and the proximity in London and ...
Thank you so much for doing this for me. Thanks to the marriage certificate which shows the same father's name as my great grandfather's birth certificate and the way all the dates and ages tie together along with the other clues such has daughters name and the proximity in London and ...
- 27 Aug 2021, 23:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Seeking help finding information on Luigi Orso arrived in New York in 1901 from Cabella, Piedmonte, Italy please
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5761
Re: Seeking help finding information on Luigi Orso arrived in New York in 1901 from Cabella, Piedmonte, Italy please
Hi Darkerhorse,
Thanks for taking an interest. This is the Luigi I am interested in.
Would there be any images of the marriage certificate that shows Luigi's fathers name as Giovanni?
Are there any records in the US that let me know how his life unfolded over there?
Regards,
Chris
Thanks for taking an interest. This is the Luigi I am interested in.
Would there be any images of the marriage certificate that shows Luigi's fathers name as Giovanni?
Are there any records in the US that let me know how his life unfolded over there?
Regards,
Chris
- 27 Aug 2021, 18:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Seeking help finding information on Luigi Orso arrived in New York in 1901 from Cabella, Piedmonte, Italy please
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5761
Seeking help finding information on Luigi Orso arrived in New York in 1901 from Cabella, Piedmonte, Italy please
Hi everyone, I am revisiting the quest to find out about my great grandfather's brother who we believe emigrated to US in in early 1900's.
This forum helped me a few years ago try to establish if a Guiseppi Orso could have been the brother but it was inconclusive. I have recently obtained my great ...
This forum helped me a few years ago try to establish if a Guiseppi Orso could have been the brother but it was inconclusive. I have recently obtained my great ...
- 26 Oct 2013, 18:57
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Arandora Star recommended read
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1554
Arandora Star recommended read
As the grandson of Italians who lived through the war in London and who had a connection with one of the victims of the Arandora Star tragedy (my grandparents rented a room to one of the victims), I found this an authentic and moving story which can be enjoyed on several levels. Beautifully written ...
- 03 Feb 2011, 15:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppe Orso from Candelo arrived New York 1903
- Replies: 13
- Views: 12337
Re: Giuseppe Orso from Candelo arrived New York 1903
Hi!
I hardly ever drop by this web site and so was a nice surprise to see you had added some more mystery to the trail!
I am in London and with limited time to spend on this research. I had a nice exchange of emails with Caroline (see previous posts) but have still not found the time to visit the ...
I hardly ever drop by this web site and so was a nice surprise to see you had added some more mystery to the trail!
I am in London and with limited time to spend on this research. I had a nice exchange of emails with Caroline (see previous posts) but have still not found the time to visit the ...
- 31 Jan 2008, 22:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppe Orso from Candelo arrived New York 1903
- Replies: 13
- Views: 12337
Re: Giuseppe Orso from Candelo arrived New York 1903
Thank you all so much! what a response. there is plenty for me to digest.
I checked with my Dad but the names don't mean anything to him and all other family are gone, so I need to start digging.
Please can you advise how to proceed next? Do you have any advice on contacting records offices in ...
I checked with my Dad but the names don't mean anything to him and all other family are gone, so I need to start digging.
Please can you advise how to proceed next? Do you have any advice on contacting records offices in ...
- 31 Jan 2008, 19:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppe Orso from Candelo arrived New York 1903
- Replies: 13
- Views: 12337
Giuseppe Orso from Candelo arrived New York 1903
Hello Everyone, I am a newbie from UK who has only just found this forum.
I am trying to find out if Giuseppe Orso from Candelo, Italy and is listed as arriving in New York on 9th August 1903 aboard The Champagne out of Le Havre, France, aged 20 could be a relation.
I am researching our family ...
I am trying to find out if Giuseppe Orso from Candelo, Italy and is listed as arriving in New York on 9th August 1903 aboard The Champagne out of Le Havre, France, aged 20 could be a relation.
I am researching our family ...