Search found 5 matches

by glee
25 Feb 2008, 17:49
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Petina, Italy
Replies: 20
Views: 51396

Re: Petina, Italy

I also checked the 1888 birth records because that is when my grandfather was born and I wanted to see his record again. The library is only 15 min. away and I go there to do other lines anyway so it is easy to look up names for you. Anyway, he (Leonardo) is not in the 1888 birth record either. I ...
by glee
24 Feb 2008, 01:52
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Petina, Italy
Replies: 20
Views: 51396

Re: Petina, Italy

I went to the Family History Library and looked at the original birth certificates in Italian in the year 1890. There were 54 births and none were Leonardo Carleo. I lookedthe year after in 1991 but nothing. I then looked in the year 1889 and the volume said, "Non Consultabile." Which means that it ...
by glee
20 Feb 2008, 18:50
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Petina, Italy
Replies: 20
Views: 51396

Re: Petina, Italy

I looked up this name, but no birth date matched this name. How did you find his name and birth date? I found a family group sheet for Leonardo Carleo and Gelsomina Russo and they had seven children but I didn't see Leonardo's name as one of them. Let me know what I can do for you. I have Leonardo's ...
by glee
01 Feb 2008, 07:12
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Petina, Italy
Replies: 20
Views: 51396

Re: Petina, Italy

I have access to the Petina Files which go back to the early 1800's. They are in my possession which I got from a person doing Genealogy at the Salt Lake City library. They have been translated into English by an Italian researcher. If you would like me to look up a name, I would be glad to do so ...
by glee
01 Feb 2008, 07:06
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Petina, Italy
Replies: 20
Views: 51396

Re: Petina, Italy

mcarleo1 wrote:I have found Petina on the map but is there anyway to get more infornation about lt.My father left this town with his parents whem he was about 5 or 6.
Thank You