You have been so helpful so I thought I would post all of the information I have about my family if anyone can fill in any missing pieces that would be wonderful.
What I have never verified is that they really were from Alcamo.
Giuseppe Stabile Born: Abt 1865
Rosa (Vivono) Stabile Born: Abt 1873 ...
Search found 5 matches
- 03 Apr 2008, 02:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sabile Vivono Pipitone
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4408
- 03 Apr 2008, 02:17
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of family tombstone
- Replies: 7
- Views: 10393
Re: Translation of family tombstone
Thank you for the information about how to get records from Alcamo I looked at the website and see that there is a location not far from my home that I could go to.
Thank you all for the compliments on the headstone. I do feel blessed to have such a great photo.
Thank you all for the compliments on the headstone. I do feel blessed to have such a great photo.
- 02 Apr 2008, 11:12
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Looking for record of Great Grandparents coming to New York
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4721
Looking for record of Great Grandparents coming to New York
As I understand it my great grandparents came to New York from Sicili and were only here about a year they would have arrived 1906. My grandfather was born while they were here then they returned to Sicili. I found the record for when my grandfather came back to US when he was 18 but I am not able ...
- 02 Apr 2008, 10:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of family tombstone
- Replies: 7
- Views: 10393
Re: Translation of family tombstone
Thank you so much for translating for me.
This clears up the question we had about if this was my mother's aunt and it is. My mother knew her grandfather's name was Giuseppe but she was not sure of her uncles name and we were confused by there being four names on the stone.
This means so much to ...
This clears up the question we had about if this was my mother's aunt and it is. My mother knew her grandfather's name was Giuseppe but she was not sure of her uncles name and we were confused by there being four names on the stone.
This means so much to ...
- 01 Apr 2008, 01:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of family tombstone
- Replies: 7
- Views: 10393
Translation of family tombstone
I have just started working on our family history and am trying to pice togther the information that my mother can not remember.
This is a photo of my mother's uncle with what I belive is the tombstone of her aunt Novia or it is in honor of the family. My mother's Italian is too rusty to translate ...
This is a photo of my mother's uncle with what I belive is the tombstone of her aunt Novia or it is in honor of the family. My mother's Italian is too rusty to translate ...