Jerry --
I will be in Garzeno in August 2009, and some of my ancestors atti also refer to Siresio, so I will ask about that while there. As best I can tell from my research, the village streets were not named, at least for use with addresses, until the 1930's. Before that, the home in which the ...
Search found 6 matches
- 15 Apr 2009, 06:35
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help understanding a "casa posta" in an atto di na
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12405
- 27 Mar 2009, 03:54
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Understanding Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio
- Replies: 18
- Views: 23315
Re: Understanding Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio
Jerry --
I recently confirmed that my great-great-grandfather was born in Garzeno in 1836 and emigrated to America in 1863. In preparation for a visit to Garzeno this summer, I have been researching any relatives of my g-g-grandfather who might still live in Garzeno today.
I found that my g-g-g ...
I recently confirmed that my great-great-grandfather was born in Garzeno in 1836 and emigrated to America in 1863. In preparation for a visit to Garzeno this summer, I have been researching any relatives of my g-g-grandfather who might still live in Garzeno today.
I found that my g-g-g ...
- 18 Mar 2009, 19:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: John Mattare (Giovanni Matteri) to US 1860 (b1836 Lombardy)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6397
Re: John Mattare (Giovanni Matteri) to US 1860 (b1836 Lombar
I booked my trip to Garzeno in August 2009, and look forward to finding out more about my great-great-grandfather's birthplace!
- 20 Dec 2008, 03:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: John Mattare (Giovanni Matteri) to US 1860 (b1836 Lombardy)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6397
Re: John Mattare (Giovanni Matteri) to US 1860 (b1836 Lombar
I found my g-g-grandfather Giovanni Matteri. He was born, and baptized, in Garzeno and the church records there match the birthdate of my ancestor. His father has the same "less common" name (Natale) as my g-g-grandfather's first-born son. Compelling evidence that it is him! I was thrilled to find ...
- 20 Dec 2008, 03:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bordessa Family, Garzeno
- Replies: 16
- Views: 15090
Re: Bordessa Family, Garzeno
I just received a response from the very helpful and prompt "reverendo padre" at the parish church SS Pietro e Paolo in Garzeno (via Roma 1). I inquired (in italian, by letter) whether there was any record of my g-g-grandfather of a specific name that I supplied, born on a date certain in 1836 that ...
- 14 Apr 2008, 01:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: John Mattare (Giovanni Matteri) to US 1860 (b1836 Lombardy)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6397
John Mattare (Giovanni Matteri) to US 1860 (b1836 Lombardy)
Looking for information on my great-great grandfather John Joseph Mattare, a woodworker, who arrived in the US in 1860, and in Baltimore, Maryland married an Irish immigrant, Agnes Cecilia Doyle. The church records for the baptisms of their 6 children show the Italian name as "Matteri" or "Mattari ...