Thanks for the info!
I filled out the online form about a month ago or so, and am still waiting. Might be somewhat complicated, since my relative changed his name and corrected his birthdate.
Search found 9 matches
- 13 Jun 2008, 02:13
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: SSDI and SS-5 Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 12583
- 12 Jun 2008, 02:35
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: SSDI and SS-5 Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 12583
Re: SSDI and SS-5 Question
JJOC1414, how long does it take to receive a copy of the SS-5 application after you request it?
- 04 Jun 2008, 02:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Are Ellis Island Manifests Complete?
- Replies: 20
- Views: 19067
Re: Are Ellis Island Manifests Complete?
I couldn't find my relative on the Ellis Island site, and I did various searches of names, towns etc. I ended up finding said relative on two other sites though that I recommend looking at in addition to Ellis Island:
www.castlegarden.org
And NARA DC's compilation of Italian immigrants ...
www.castlegarden.org
And NARA DC's compilation of Italian immigrants ...
- 25 Apr 2008, 05:07
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Jewish Surnames
- Replies: 52
- Views: 146185
Re: Jewish Surnames
Try http://search.ox.ac.uk instead. That works.
- 24 Apr 2008, 18:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Place of Birth
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11223
Re: Looking for Place of Birth
Ok thanks I will contact those towns. The Giovanna above would still have been far too young to have had Rosa, (according to the dates she would have had to had Rosa as a 6 year old!). Also, Francesco's last name was Terranella not Gambino.
- 24 Apr 2008, 17:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Place of Birth
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11223
Re: Looking for Place of Birth
The last name is Terranella; Gambino is the maiden name of Rosa'a mother.
Thanks for researching that though; the people mentioned are too young to be her parents.
Thanks for researching that though; the people mentioned are too young to be her parents.
- 24 Apr 2008, 15:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Place of Birth
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11223
Re: Looking for Place of Birth
Hi I have all the census records for her, and they are very unreliable.
Each census record from 1900-1930 has different dates for immigration to the US and has many many errors in other entries, so I don't think they are reliable.
The manifest doesn't mention last residence.
I have all her ...
Each census record from 1900-1930 has different dates for immigration to the US and has many many errors in other entries, so I don't think they are reliable.
The manifest doesn't mention last residence.
I have all her ...
- 24 Apr 2008, 13:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Place of Birth
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11223
Re: Looking for Place of Birth
Sorry I am not sure when she came over. It would have be prior to 1897 I believe, since she married in NYC in July of that year.
The closest I have found on the Ellis Island and Castle Garden websites is a Rosa Terranella arriving in NY 5/11/1896 on the Alsatia. But the DOB is off, and there's no ...
The closest I have found on the Ellis Island and Castle Garden websites is a Rosa Terranella arriving in NY 5/11/1896 on the Alsatia. But the DOB is off, and there's no ...
- 23 Apr 2008, 23:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Place of Birth
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11223
Looking for Place of Birth
Looking for the place, as in comune, of birth for a Rosa or Rosina Terranella from Sicily, most likely in the Palermo province.
Parents are Francesco and Giovanna (or Giovanina) Gambina (or Gambino), birth date might be 6/18/1878.
Thanks.
Parents are Francesco and Giovanna (or Giovanina) Gambina (or Gambino), birth date might be 6/18/1878.
Thanks.