Search found 14 matches

by bobficoturo
15 Jul 2009, 15:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi Bob,
I think we might distantly be related. My family came from the same area and my last name is Laurenzo. I've built a family tree up as far as I can but am lacking critical information that is only with my family in New York. They have no interest in this sort of thing and it's hard to get a ...
by bobficoturo
27 May 2008, 11:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi Suanj

Hi, abt this your phrase.... I wish ask you if the Giuseppe DE DATTIS name have some signifiance for you... and, also, if is possible that Maria came before of 1902.... let me know your suggestions...
regards, suanj

I don't know that name, and don't believe that I've ever heard Maria ...
by bobficoturo
30 Apr 2008, 16:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi Pink67 - My Grandparents had 3 boys and 3 girls. Each of the boys perished soon after birth, but the 3 girls survived. See below.

From the database: Rhode Island Deaths, 1630-1930

Name: Domenico Compagnone
Kin 1: Luigi Compagnone
Kin 2: Maria Compagnone
Death Date: 27 Nov 1911
Age: 20 dys ...
by bobficoturo
29 Apr 2008, 18:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi Pink67 - Yes! That's the one. Genarina was my Mother. When she went to school, the teachers thought she ought to have an American name, so they told her they would call her Geraldine (imagine changing a wonderfully lyrical name like Genarina to anything else). So her school records reflect that ...
by bobficoturo
29 Apr 2008, 13:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi Laura - I don't think that this record is my Grandfather's. First, I never heard his last name referred to as Cambano; second, his spouse would have been my Grandmother, Maria or Mary; and finally, the children's names would have been Jenny, Genarina, and Louise. I am grateful for your time and ...
by bobficoturo
29 Apr 2008, 13:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi Valerie - Carmine's wife's name was Esther (she was hearing impaired). Also, his father's name was Giovanni and his mother's name was Esther. Thanks for your response.

BF

suanj, thank you for correcting my error on the surname :D !

BF,
Some clues if this record belongs to Maria's brother ...
by bobficoturo
29 Apr 2008, 13:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi Misbris - Yes I'm aware of this. Actually, what we called her was pronounced "zizzee"... an affectionate form of Zia. Thanks for your response.

BF

The words Zio and Zia are Italian for uncle and aunt. Zio Carmino is Uncle Carmine and Zia is Aunt Jenny. There are many possibitities for Jenny's ...
by bobficoturo
29 Apr 2008, 13:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi suanj

Rhode Island Marriages, 1636-1930
about Maria Laurenza
Spouse 1: Maria Laurenza
Spouse 2: Luigi Compagnone
Marriage Date: 09 Apr 1911


Oh yes! This would be my Grandparents. Question - If they were married in 1911, would it not make more sense to look at the 1920 census rather than ...
by bobficoturo
29 Apr 2008, 13:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi suanj

Boston Passenger Lists, 1820-1943
about Carmine Laurenza
Name: Carmine Laurenza
Arrival Date: 28 Jun 1909
Age: 17 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1892
Gender: Male
Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Romanic
Port of Arrival ...
by bobficoturo
29 Apr 2008, 13:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi suanj - I believe that you are correct - one or both of these could very well be my Grandfather.

BF

oh, yes, maybe Carmine travel colud be one of this above... or maybe another... Lugi Compagnone also was born in Caianello:
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Luigi ...
by bobficoturo
28 Apr 2008, 04:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi suanj
suanj wrote:what is the Maria Laurenza's husband surname......?
suanj
Maria's married name was Campagnone. His firdt name was Luigi, and I believe he was either from Caserta of someplace very close by... certainly from Campagna.

BF
by bobficoturo
28 Apr 2008, 04:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi suanj - thank you so much for your time and trouble.

Hi BF,
LaurenzA is a surname in Caserta area, as a well also LaurenzO and Lorenzo...

for to find something.... we must know the right birthyear of Maria...
abt Carmine, the brother, it is 3 probable records:

See info requested at bottom of ...
by bobficoturo
28 Apr 2008, 03:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Re: Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi Valerie - Thanks so much for the reply. See answers to your questions/comments below.

If your grandmother was traveling with her mother she may be on the manifest under her mother's maiden name.

She was traveling alone. It always astounded me that she made that trip alone at that age. She ...
by bobficoturo
27 Apr 2008, 18:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lorenzo/Laurenzo
Replies: 28
Views: 28935

Lorenzo/Laurenzo

Hi All - I'm trying to trace the roots of my maternal grandmother, Maria Lorenzo (I've found evidence her name might really have been spelled Laurenzo but at this point I can't be sure). She is from a town just outside of Naples called Casserta, and she claims to have arrived in the US in 1902 at ...