Hi, I just recieved a letter of No Record for my GGP marriage, I know they were married in Nebraska. So what are my other options to prove they were married or am I out of luck?
Thanks
Search found 28 matches
- 15 Aug 2009, 19:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Marriage Cert.
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1755
- 23 Jul 2009, 05:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Advice/help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2881
Advice/help
So I think a golden nugget fell into my lap, maybe. Before the new geneology search dept started last year, and when the new one started I used it also just to cover both areas and maybe one would be faster than the other. Well I recieved my GGF naturalization papers and my GF was born before my GGF ...
- 15 Apr 2009, 06:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Document help
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8990
Re: Document help
Yes the Certificate of Naturalization has only his American name. The preliminary papers have both but spelled incorrect, its spelled Carmina Petmonico and the correct spelling is Carmine Peitromonaco, but he signed it Carmina Petmonico on the Petition for Nat.
Also the date of birth is only off by ...
Also the date of birth is only off by ...
- 10 Apr 2009, 04:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Document help
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8990
Re: Document help
well His name was changed from Carmie Peitromonaco to Herman Monico. I dont know how they arrived at that name, lol.
Yes my GGF age is on the naturalization document, it just doesnt have both names. So how do I link the two names together without using the DOI or Petition?? Ahggg Im so close! Thank ...
Yes my GGF age is on the naturalization document, it just doesnt have both names. So how do I link the two names together without using the DOI or Petition?? Ahggg Im so close! Thank ...
- 09 Apr 2009, 05:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Document help
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8990
Re: Document help
Ok so after looking at my GGF naturalization papers, it does not have his birthdate listed on it anywhere nor does it have his original name from Italy only his Americanized name. But I do have his DOI and Petition for Naturalization which shows his italian name and his American name but they both ...
- 08 Apr 2009, 05:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Document help
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8990
Re: Document help
thank you very much for your help, I will keep ya posted on what I find out.
- 07 Apr 2009, 07:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Document help
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8990
Re: Document help
unfortunately my grandfather died 20 years ago. But most of the documents I have are consistent with the spelling of his name even though its incorrect. Also his birth date is incorrect of by like a year.
Im new to this, can you explain the affidavit more????
Thank you for your help.
Im new to this, can you explain the affidavit more????
Thank you for your help.
- 02 Apr 2009, 20:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Document help
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8990
Re: Document help
The only other doc i have with his name on it is the DOI, but its spelled wrong on there also. Am I doomed?
- 31 Mar 2009, 04:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Document help
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8990
Document help
Hello all,
I finally received Naturalization papers from the USCIS but the dates of birth and is not listed on the document What is this going to do to me when I go to the consulate to apply for my dual citizenship????
Also His name was changed when he got to America from Carmine Peitromonaco to ...
I finally received Naturalization papers from the USCIS but the dates of birth and is not listed on the document What is this going to do to me when I go to the consulate to apply for my dual citizenship????
Also His name was changed when he got to America from Carmine Peitromonaco to ...
- 15 Dec 2008, 05:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Residence question???
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14595
Re: Residence question???
Well I have to go thru the Detroit consulate and I hear that they are one of the better ones. So we will see what happens. I dont have to have citizenship by March just by the end of Jan. 2010. But the sooner the better.
- 14 Dec 2008, 07:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Residence question???
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14595
Re: Residence question???
yes it is but, achievable.
- 13 Dec 2008, 15:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Residence question???
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14595
Re: Residence question???
Dear Elba, Livio and Peter,
I thank you for all your help. I wrote the Consulate in my region (Detroit) to find out what I need to do. I have not disclosed any private issues to anyone. But here is my situation, I am still trying to get documents on my GGF and his naturalization status, to see if I ...
I thank you for all your help. I wrote the Consulate in my region (Detroit) to find out what I need to do. I have not disclosed any private issues to anyone. But here is my situation, I am still trying to get documents on my GGF and his naturalization status, to see if I ...
- 12 Dec 2008, 05:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Residence question???
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14595
Residence question???
Hello,
Can anyone help me with the best way to go about establishing residence In Italy. I live in the States, do I need to contact the consulate in my region? Fill out forms? Or just go to Italy and start the process there? I need to accomplish this the fastest way possible and I know that it may ...
Can anyone help me with the best way to go about establishing residence In Italy. I live in the States, do I need to contact the consulate in my region? Fill out forms? Or just go to Italy and start the process there? I need to accomplish this the fastest way possible and I know that it may ...
- 09 Nov 2008, 04:28
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Vinchiaturo
- Replies: 7
- Views: 15529
Re: Vinchiaturo
Just wanted to let everyone know that I made it to Italy in Sept and went to the town where my GGparents were from. I went to the town hall and got both birth records and the lady was so nice she even found the address of the house my GGF was born in. So i got to see that. Everyone was very friendly ...
- 08 Sep 2008, 05:24
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Finding Family
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12015
Finding Family
Hello, Im not sure where to find this information. I am looking to find any of my relatives that might still be in Italy. My family comes from Vichiaturo, my GGF name was Carmine Pietromonaco, his fathers name was Alessandro Pietromonaco, his mothers name was Maria DI Sarro.
I have looked in the ...
I have looked in the ...