AndrewK,
Keep digging. Sorrentino and Sorrento are VERY common names from the area around Napoli.
Do you have your Grandmothers first name and any dates for her birth or death you can share?
Ciao.
Search found 9 matches
- 03 Jun 2009, 03:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
- Replies: 20
- Views: 26592
- 28 May 2009, 03:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
- Replies: 20
- Views: 26592
Re: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
Patti and Bob,
This is all too weird. Okay, so I was getting a headache trying to figure out why I had absolutely no recollection of an Aunt Marie. Doing what any guy should do when he's confused... I called my Mom!
She straightened me out about Aunt Dolly and Uncle Bob! Who by the way came to ...
This is all too weird. Okay, so I was getting a headache trying to figure out why I had absolutely no recollection of an Aunt Marie. Doing what any guy should do when he's confused... I called my Mom!
She straightened me out about Aunt Dolly and Uncle Bob! Who by the way came to ...
- 27 May 2009, 13:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
- Replies: 20
- Views: 26592
Re: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
I think we're cousins for sure. In fact first cousins I think. I show Madaline was 7 years old and born in 1923. Do you guys remember Uncle Billy or Uncle Joe (my Dad) Aunt Phyl, Aunt Marion or Uncle Sandy? BTW, does Bob have 2 sisters?
Talk to you guys soon.
Ciao,
Mike
Talk to you guys soon.
Ciao,
Mike
- 18 May 2009, 15:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
- Replies: 20
- Views: 26592
Re: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
Hi Bob. Thanks for posting. Your instincts are probably correct. How did you learn about Poggio Marino? We should chat some more and try to connect the dots!
Ciao,
Mike
Ciao,
Mike
- 21 Jun 2008, 23:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname Varnese
- Replies: 13
- Views: 14443
Re: Surname Varnese
Hello,
First, let me thank you so much for all the lavoro bellissimo!
I know it's been a few years since any discussion on this topic but I thought I would ask.
My Great grandmother was Mariantonia Boccia of Poggiomarino. She traveled on the "Bolivia" date of arrival 1st of May 1899. She brought ...
First, let me thank you so much for all the lavoro bellissimo!
I know it's been a few years since any discussion on this topic but I thought I would ask.
My Great grandmother was Mariantonia Boccia of Poggiomarino. She traveled on the "Bolivia" date of arrival 1st of May 1899. She brought ...
- 21 Jun 2008, 22:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
- Replies: 20
- Views: 26592
Re: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
Biff,
I noticed on the 1920 census that there is something written in column #1 and I can't make it out. I also can't read the official headings of columns two and three, BUT the handwritten numbers of the census taker in those columns show identical numbers 35 and 70 respectively for the "Miranda ...
I noticed on the 1920 census that there is something written in column #1 and I can't make it out. I also can't read the official headings of columns two and three, BUT the handwritten numbers of the census taker in those columns show identical numbers 35 and 70 respectively for the "Miranda ...
- 21 Jun 2008, 22:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
- Replies: 20
- Views: 26592
Re: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
I've noticed that based on the large number of Ralph's I'm finding in my U.S. history, ha!javascript:emoticon('post',%20'message',%20':o')
I think I have to get more things pulled together on this side before I start bothering folks in Italy.
My head is already swimming from finding the maiden ...
I think I have to get more things pulled together on this side before I start bothering folks in Italy.
My head is already swimming from finding the maiden ...
- 21 Jun 2008, 21:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
- Replies: 20
- Views: 26592
Re: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
Biff83 and misbris
Wow! Thank you so much for a huge push in the right direction. Now I have a lot of dot connecting to do! You guys are great!
Wow! Thank you so much for a huge push in the right direction. Now I have a lot of dot connecting to do! You guys are great!
- 20 Jun 2008, 16:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
- Replies: 20
- Views: 26592
Sorrentino da Poggio Marino
[align=left]Hi, I was wondering what my next step would be.
I have learned out that my grandfather Salvatore Sorrentino arrived May 01, 1899 on the SS Boliva at Ellis Island. His father (my great grandfather) Santo Sorrentino arrived the previous year April 13, 1898 on the SS Victoria.
They came ...
I have learned out that my grandfather Salvatore Sorrentino arrived May 01, 1899 on the SS Boliva at Ellis Island. His father (my great grandfather) Santo Sorrentino arrived the previous year April 13, 1898 on the SS Victoria.
They came ...