Search found 5 matches

by MaryIacobucci
14 Jul 2008, 18:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Bongiovi
Replies: 7
Views: 10096

Re: Bongiovi

Hi: I just went over to Ellis Island site and found a Guiseppe Bongiovi from Sciacca who arrived at Ellis Island, NY on August 17, 1896. He was 30 years old, traveled alone on the ship: Neustria out of Naples. His manifest # is 0084.

Hope this is a help.

Mary
by MaryIacobucci
14 Jul 2008, 17:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Iacobucci family from Caserta
Replies: 4
Views: 5445

Re: Iacobucci family from Caserta

I don't recognize the names of your relatives on your site. Though my dad had a brother, Beniamino, sister Amelia, sister Genneviere. They all settled in NY but my dad and his parents moved to RI.
by MaryIacobucci
14 Jul 2008, 17:22
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: MEANING OF MY NAME
Replies: 5
Views: 13447

Re: MEANING OF MY NAME

Ginny: You need to search your name at ancestry.com. I am told that mine, Iacobucci, means Iacob is a form of Jacob and that Ucci means son. I found much helpful info at that site. Your mom might be right. :lol:
by MaryIacobucci
14 Jul 2008, 17:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames: Mascieri (or Masciere) and Iacobucci
Replies: 14
Views: 14099

Re: Surnames: Mascieri (or Masciere) and Iacobucci

In looking for my aunt whose name is the same, I found two. The first is Amelia Iacobucci who arrived on October 17, 1919 on a ship named Duca d'Aosta. It departed the port of Genoa in Italy. She was the third passenger and traveled with Camillo, Genoeffa, and Paolina. Interestingly, I found another ...
by MaryIacobucci
14 Jul 2008, 17:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Iacobucci family from Caserta
Replies: 4
Views: 5445

Iacobucci family from Caserta

Hi: My dad arrived in Ellis Island NY on May 13, 1921. Parents were Enrichetta Catone Iacobucci and Pietro. Anyone here familiar with them? :lol: