Search found 7 matches

by wendrellica
21 Aug 2008, 12:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia
Replies: 14
Views: 11762

Re: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia

Thanks, Suanj. This two manifests have caused me great confusion, as has the 1900 census. This is the only one of the three (1900,1910 and 1920) which shows Alfonso's arrival date as 1881 - the others all show early 1890s. It may be that this was his second trip, and that he met his wife at that ...
by wendrellica
20 Aug 2008, 18:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia
Replies: 14
Views: 11762

Re: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia

Since last poting, I have followed your advice on searchig for the boarders at our ancestor's home, to see if there is a common link, either birthplace or family tie, to indicate where our great grandfather emigrated from. I know one of the boarders was a cousin, Antonio Sirchio, dob 1880, arrival ...
by wendrellica
22 Jul 2008, 20:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia
Replies: 14
Views: 11762

Re: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia

Since last poting, I have followed your advice on searchig for the boarders at our ancestor's home, to see if there is a common link, either birthplace or family tie, to indicate where our great grandfather emigrated from. I know one of the boarders was a cousin, Antonio Sirchio, dob 1880, arrival ...
by wendrellica
20 Jul 2008, 17:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia
Replies: 14
Views: 11762

Re: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia

I'm sorry for my ignorance on this, but what do you mean by post the 1893 manifest? It was attached to the earliest reply to my posting, above. What is the reason for posting it?

I think the idea of running the boarders' names makes a lot of sense, and I'll do that immediately.

Perhaps what would ...
by wendrellica
20 Jul 2008, 12:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia
Replies: 14
Views: 11762

Re: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia

Thank you so much for the link! I had not tried that spelling variation, and I actually searched further with it, and found one other possible match. The trouble I have is that the information on the U.S. census reports differs- one shows Alfonso arriving circa 1890, and another, circa 1880. There ...
by wendrellica
19 Jul 2008, 06:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia
Replies: 14
Views: 11762

Re: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia

In fact, no, I have been unable to locate anything beyond the census documents, but have been doing all of this from outside the US, so have not made any visits to the courts in Pennsylvania. Also problematic is that I have been unable to locate ANY record of our great grandfather entering the US at ...
by wendrellica
18 Jul 2008, 12:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia
Replies: 14
Views: 11762

Finding the Sirchio family in Perugia

I have been trying to locate our family's ancestors, who came from Perugia, and emigrated to the US in 1880. Alfonzo Sirchio was our great grandfather, and he was born circa 1860 around Perugia. I would like to find his birth and marriage records, as well as information about the family members who ...