Search found 14 matches
- 30 Jul 2008, 13:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Thank you Laura for the information.
- 30 Jul 2008, 12:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Can anyone point me in the right direction to try and search Italian records? Thank you.
- 29 Jul 2008, 12:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
I think I might have some additional information if someone can help me try to verify it. It appears Paul Grosso's father might have been Pasquale Grosso who married Vincenza Marino. It looks like he had a sister Carmela Grosso, born 1869 in either Galdo, Salerno, Campania, Italy or Galdo Sicignano ...
- 29 Jul 2008, 10:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Thank you again for the images.
- 29 Jul 2008, 01:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Here is an update after doing some more research today (thank you Laura for the help):
on www.familysearch.org a seach for Paul Grosso returned the following results ...
on www.familysearch.org a seach for Paul Grosso returned the following results ...
- 28 Jul 2008, 15:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Thank you for the 1900 Census Information, it is information that was previously unknown to me and I appreciate your help in locating it. Please don't worry about your English, it's better than most.
- 28 Jul 2008, 13:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
I do not know his first wife's maiden name, still working on getting all the information. Would you happen to have any information on the other side of the family, Paolo Grosso?
Here is the information that was given to me:
1910 (NY)
Paul Ross (annotation states may be Grosso) - Arrived 1884 ...
Here is the information that was given to me:
1910 (NY)
Paul Ross (annotation states may be Grosso) - Arrived 1884 ...
- 28 Jul 2008, 13:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Checking the site you mentioned (footnote.com) - it appears the second record is the correct one - it lists the wife as Caroline. Would you have any of the information not shown on the picture from that site?
Thanks.
Thanks.
- 28 Jul 2008, 13:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Laura,
I am not positive about the naturalization record, I found two, here is the second one I found:
Family Given Year Petition Petition Soundex
Name Name Volume Number
Reda Giovanni 1909 13 3121 R300
Maybe that is the correct one? Going off the 1920 census information I had previously it was ...
I am not positive about the naturalization record, I found two, here is the second one I found:
Family Given Year Petition Petition Soundex
Name Name Volume Number
Reda Giovanni 1909 13 3121 R300
Maybe that is the correct one? Going off the 1920 census information I had previously it was ...
- 28 Jul 2008, 12:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Laura,
I don't believe those are the marriage records because his first wife was Angelina (1920 Census) and she died in 1928. (I found her death record at the site you mentioned for the marriage information).
Thanks again.
Bill
I don't believe those are the marriage records because his first wife was Angelina (1920 Census) and she died in 1928. (I found her death record at the site you mentioned for the marriage information).
Thanks again.
Bill
- 28 Jul 2008, 12:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Laura,
Yes, those are the correct census records. His first wife died in 1928 and it appears he remarried. The son Armondo is my wife's grandfather. I do not have the images, just some of the information given by another person. I would appreciate it if you could post them.
Bill
Yes, those are the correct census records. His first wife died in 1928 and it appears he remarried. The son Armondo is my wife's grandfather. I do not have the images, just some of the information given by another person. I would appreciate it if you could post them.
Bill
- 28 Jul 2008, 12:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Laura,
I just wanted to let you know that I went back to look at the 1920 census information I had for John Reda and it has the address as Kenmore Street - same as the WWI draft card - so this appears to be correct as well. Thank you again for the help.
I just wanted to let you know that I went back to look at the 1920 census information I had for John Reda and it has the address as Kenmore Street - same as the WWI draft card - so this appears to be correct as well. Thank you again for the help.
- 28 Jul 2008, 10:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Re: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Laura,
Thank you for the reply. I didn't have any of the information you posted. I will have to check the first one - I have his wife's name as Angelina - maybe she went by Jennie. The second one is perfect - his wife at the time was Carolina. And thanks to that card I have a location in Italy, the ...
Thank you for the reply. I didn't have any of the information you posted. I will have to check the first one - I have his wife's name as Angelina - maybe she went by Jennie. The second one is perfect - his wife at the time was Carolina. And thanks to that card I have a location in Italy, the ...
- 28 Jul 2008, 02:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
- Replies: 26
- Views: 24109
Trying to find information about Italian ancestors
Hello,
I am new to this site and new to genealogy. I have started to do some research and thanks to some kind volunteers who had access to NY census information from 1920 and 1930 I have some pretty good information to start with. I was able to find the marriage record for my great grandfather and ...
I am new to this site and new to genealogy. I have started to do some research and thanks to some kind volunteers who had access to NY census information from 1920 and 1930 I have some pretty good information to start with. I was able to find the marriage record for my great grandfather and ...