According to my grandfather's death certificate, my great-grandmother's name was Ursula Plastina -- although I suspect her first name was something other than Ursula, which sounds Germanic.
Anyone know the origins of that surname, and whether any other woman's name would sound or look like Ursula ...
Search found 5 matches
- 15 May 2009, 19:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Plastina
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2742
- 06 Feb 2009, 14:27
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Rende
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10804
Re: Rende
Thanks, all -- Cathy, I sent the info to your Cosenza Exchange Website (assuming you are the Webmaster?) -- if not, please let me know where I can e-mail you.
thanks!
Laura
thanks!
Laura
- 04 Feb 2009, 17:17
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Rende
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10804
Re: Rende
Thanks, Cathy! That would be a great help.
And the story gets even more complicated -- I am adopted and my natural family are Angelicis from Genoa or Naples!!!
And the story gets even more complicated -- I am adopted and my natural family are Angelicis from Genoa or Naples!!!
- 04 Feb 2009, 16:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Rende
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10804
Re: Rende
Thanks, all -- this is a great help.
Now the Mazzucas are another matter -- I noticed there are a lot of Mazzucas in Montalto Uffugo, but my relatives had listed Rovito as their hometown. I can't seem to even find any Ellis Island records that my grandfather and two uncles came over in 1908. Very ...
Now the Mazzucas are another matter -- I noticed there are a lot of Mazzucas in Montalto Uffugo, but my relatives had listed Rovito as their hometown. I can't seem to even find any Ellis Island records that my grandfather and two uncles came over in 1908. Very ...
- 04 Feb 2009, 01:06
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Rende
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10804
Rende
I have traced my paternal grandmother back to the town of Rende in Cosenza (name was DeBartolo).
Does anyone have any information on this town?
Does anyone have any information on this town?