Search found 15 matches
- 04 Jul 2009, 16:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Donato Santoliquido
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7265
Re: Donato Santoliquido
Please accept his gratitude and his praise of the research as being intended for you guys! You're the best, no doubt.
- 04 Jul 2009, 15:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Donato Santoliquido
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7265
Re: Donato Santoliquido
I got a message in reply from my Italian cousin, great grandson of Donato. After he saw the ship manifest he wrote me back on Facebook, where I met him. He said this: "dear cousin Geoffrey, in italy there is a saying 'who is grateful, is not required' so I will not but I want you to know that I was ...
- 03 Jul 2009, 23:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Donato Santoliquido
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7265
Re: Donato Santoliquido
Thanks much, VJ! This is extremely helpful to me. I'm sure my cousins will agree! Your ability to decipher these documents is excellent.
- 03 Jul 2009, 19:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Donato Santoliquido
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7265
Re: Donato Santoliquido
Peter,
Thank you! It didn't occur to me to use the alternate spelling. I'm sorry!
Yes, I found the alternate spelling showing Donato Santoliguido by visiting ellisisland.org just now. Alternate spelling didn't seem to be an option on castlegarden, but then again, their web site froze up on me ...
Thank you! It didn't occur to me to use the alternate spelling. I'm sorry!
Yes, I found the alternate spelling showing Donato Santoliguido by visiting ellisisland.org just now. Alternate spelling didn't seem to be an option on castlegarden, but then again, their web site froze up on me ...
- 03 Jul 2009, 17:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Donato Santoliquido
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7265
Re: Donato Santoliquido
Yes, I have seen that listing many times, however as you see, none of them has the first name of Donato. It does, of course, contain the name of my grandfather, Arcangelo Raffaele Santoliquido, who went by his middle name. It has fascinated me to see that all of those who have documented home towns ...
- 03 Jul 2009, 15:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Donato Santoliquido
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7265
Donato Santoliquido
Hello,
I am trying to locate immigration or naturalization records pertaining to Donato Santoliquido . He immigrated to New York in 1907 from Forenza (PZ), Basilicata. His great grandchildren may be cousins of mine and they currently live in Italy. Their family lost touch with Donato following his ...
I am trying to locate immigration or naturalization records pertaining to Donato Santoliquido . He immigrated to New York in 1907 from Forenza (PZ), Basilicata. His great grandchildren may be cousins of mine and they currently live in Italy. Their family lost touch with Donato following his ...
- 18 Mar 2009, 14:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
- Replies: 44
- Views: 37848
Re: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
It's like Christmas morning every time I come back here! I am grateful for all of your time and energy that you've spend helping me and my family.
Gosh, I can't help on all the property exchange except to say that I know the Masi and Santoliquido families were very close, even sharing a house in ...
Gosh, I can't help on all the property exchange except to say that I know the Masi and Santoliquido families were very close, even sharing a house in ...
- 18 Mar 2009, 00:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
- Replies: 44
- Views: 37848
Re: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
Yes, indeed, all of these records are correctly related to Concetta. I noticed how her husband, Rocco, has the middle name of "Jeffre" which is very interesting to me. The letter J seems quite unusual in the Italian language, although I went to the web site on first names that you thoughtfully ...
- 17 Mar 2009, 22:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
- Replies: 44
- Views: 37848
Re: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
VJ,
I've had some more time between sanding walls to come back to this and digest the documents. I continue to be amazed and appreciative of the wealth and depth of accurate information you have found for me. My dad, Guido Santoliquido, and the rest of the family are quite gratified as well.
I ...
I've had some more time between sanding walls to come back to this and digest the documents. I continue to be amazed and appreciative of the wealth and depth of accurate information you have found for me. My dad, Guido Santoliquido, and the rest of the family are quite gratified as well.
I ...
- 17 Mar 2009, 15:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
- Replies: 44
- Views: 37848
Re: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
VJ, you are an angel! I hadn't been back here since the weekend (I've been working on a bathroom remodeling project) and was pleasantly surprised when I dropped in today to see a 2nd page of information!
This is all fantastic information and yes, it is all correctly related to my family. The 1910 ...
This is all fantastic information and yes, it is all correctly related to my family. The 1910 ...
- 14 Mar 2009, 19:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
- Replies: 44
- Views: 37848
Re: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
Holy canoli, this is great! VJ, thank you. Can you even imagine that a 60 year old man would have to register for the draft in 1942?!
I had known some of these documents were available as I ran across them via footnote.com but I am retired and don't have the funds available right now to subscribe ...
I had known some of these documents were available as I ran across them via footnote.com but I am retired and don't have the funds available right now to subscribe ...
- 14 Mar 2009, 18:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
- Replies: 44
- Views: 37848
Re: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
I'm actually getting goose bumps reading all of this! Very exciting information to me.
VJ, I'd be extremely grateful if you could post the manifests you found for my great uncle Michele and my great grandmother Rachele's arrival in Boston. I'm hoping the manifests may show the home town in Italy ...
VJ, I'd be extremely grateful if you could post the manifests you found for my great uncle Michele and my great grandmother Rachele's arrival in Boston. I'm hoping the manifests may show the home town in Italy ...
- 14 Mar 2009, 17:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
- Replies: 44
- Views: 37848
Re: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
Wow, you all are very helpful people! I am of course disappointed to learn of the significance of crossed out entries on the manifests. I cannot locate any other manifest containing my grandfather's name and there just aren't many with my last name. I guess that I've hit a dead end on Ellis Island ...
- 14 Mar 2009, 15:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
- Replies: 44
- Views: 37848
Ellis Island records Raffaele Santoliquido, duplicates?
Hello,
I'm seeking some help from you today as it seems there are generous people here with expertise. My grandfather immigrated in 1901 through Ellis Island. His full name was Arcangelo Raffaele Santoliquido and I have found two different manifest entries a couple of weeks apart in Ellis Island.org ...
I'm seeking some help from you today as it seems there are generous people here with expertise. My grandfather immigrated in 1901 through Ellis Island. His full name was Arcangelo Raffaele Santoliquido and I have found two different manifest entries a couple of weeks apart in Ellis Island.org ...
- 12 Mar 2009, 19:49
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Forenza, Italy
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6898
Re: Forenza, Italy
I am planning a trip to visit Forenza, Italy this summer. Please let me know if you have any lodging ideas or places for meals. I will be tracing some family while I am there. Thanks
Chuck,
Perhaps since the time you posted this request you've found that Forenza has its own website. Here is the ...
Chuck,
Perhaps since the time you posted this request you've found that Forenza has its own website. Here is the ...