:P
Yes, my Sicilian grandmother made them and then my aunt did until she was 94! Unfortunately she's gone but my wife thinks she has the recipe.
Svingi(?) are similar to zeppoli but I think much better. We call them svingi too.
:lol:
There were several varieties, the ones with anchovies, another ...
Search found 6 matches
- 12 Aug 2009, 20:42
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Svingi?
- Replies: 27
- Views: 38288
- 12 Aug 2009, 20:37
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Svingi?
- Replies: 27
- Views: 38288
Re: Svingi?
:P
Yes, my Sicilian grandmother made them and then my aunt did until she was 94! Unfortunately she's gone but my wife thinks she has the recipe.
Svingi(?) are similar to zeppoli but I think much better. We call them svingi too.
:lol:
There were several varieties, the ones with anchovies, another ...
Yes, my Sicilian grandmother made them and then my aunt did until she was 94! Unfortunately she's gone but my wife thinks she has the recipe.
Svingi(?) are similar to zeppoli but I think much better. We call them svingi too.
:lol:
There were several varieties, the ones with anchovies, another ...
- 21 Jul 2009, 19:04
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian or Sicilian Military Uniforms
- Replies: 9
- Views: 16544
Re: Italian or Sicilian Military Uniforms
This is the photo of the soldier
- 21 Jul 2009, 18:27
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian or Sicilian Military Uniforms
- Replies: 9
- Views: 16544
Re: Italian or Sicilian Military Uniforms
My great grandfather was from Mussomeli, Sicily.
He was 60 years old in 1893 when he came to the USA.
I have tried to attach a .jpg of him but it doesn't appear to work for me?

He was 60 years old in 1893 when he came to the USA.
I have tried to attach a .jpg of him but it doesn't appear to work for me?
- 20 Jul 2009, 20:48
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian or Sicilian Military Uniforms
- Replies: 9
- Views: 16544
Italian or Sicilian Military Uniforms
:arrow: I have an old family photo that I believe was taken in 1850-1855.
The man (I think is my great grandfather) has a military uniform with a large, single, 5 pointed star on the points of his collar (both sides).
He has spurs and leather boots or leather over his shins down to his shoes.
He ...
The man (I think is my great grandfather) has a military uniform with a large, single, 5 pointed star on the points of his collar (both sides).
He has spurs and leather boots or leather over his shins down to his shoes.
He ...
- 08 Apr 2009, 19:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How Do I....
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3888
How Do I....
Where do I go (look/contact) for birth certificates for family from Mussomeli , Sicily and Marineo , Sicily ?
:roll:
How do I find out information on Francesco Chiquito Messina and whether or not he was a Baron?
:?
An ancestor left money for my grandmother that was never collected, out of ...
:roll:
How do I find out information on Francesco Chiquito Messina and whether or not he was a Baron?
:?
An ancestor left money for my grandmother that was never collected, out of ...