Thanks James
problem is not exactly positive of where he was born believe it may be the region of Faenza/ Ravenna/ place maybe even called Glorie in the region around there. Was hoping to find an online search site via names that might have tied up to mine as have the year within one year either ...
Search found 7 matches
- 13 Apr 2009, 17:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Is there an online site for birth registrations
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5316
- 12 Apr 2009, 16:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Is there an online site for birth registrations
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5316
Is there an online site for birth registrations
Could anyone please tell me whether there is a site to be able to find an Italian Birth registered with names of parents with online access ?? I am looking for a birth registered about 1846 - not a modern one.
- 12 Apr 2009, 15:56
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Place help please
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6666
Re: Place help please
I really feel that this must be the place - Glorie - as it would fit in with the word that I thought was Glote or similar. Also as Ravenna is the place for Melandris surname as well. This really gives me a good starting point now to try and track the wife/mother hopefully.
GRAZIE MILLE !! For all ...
GRAZIE MILLE !! For all ...
- 12 Apr 2009, 15:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Place help please
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6666
Re: Place help please
Is the place/ area Glorie near Faenza ??
Guiseppe and his father would have had to come over I presume on a boat ?? Do you think I may find the birthplace down on a list somewhere ? Would there be ship lists of people emigrating or coming over in the 1800s to Britain ??
Is the area Ravenna near ...
Guiseppe and his father would have had to come over I presume on a boat ?? Do you think I may find the birthplace down on a list somewhere ? Would there be ship lists of people emigrating or coming over in the 1800s to Britain ??
Is the area Ravenna near ...
- 12 Apr 2009, 15:31
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Place help please
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6666
Re: Place help please
I never thought about that - it could be no town ( english) but not sure about the Globe bit . Perhaps there is a place called Globe/Glate/Grote or an area?
I was once told that family thought it might have been near Faenza . But looked around the bits I could online near and saw nothing matching ...
I was once told that family thought it might have been near Faenza . But looked around the bits I could online near and saw nothing matching ...
- 12 Apr 2009, 15:15
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Place help please
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6666
Re: Place help please
Yes that's the census I found it on - I have just tried to attach it but each time it refuses to take it and says it's too big - so maybe the site has a problem fo rattachments at the moement.
Are you saying that the correct spelling is Hoyown Glate ??? If that is correct could you tell me please ...
Are you saying that the correct spelling is Hoyown Glate ??? If that is correct could you tell me please ...
- 12 Apr 2009, 14:26
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Place help please
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6666
Place help please
Please could anyone help me find a place of some relatives. I have on a British Census Vincenzo Melandri and his son Guiseppe but am unable to read clearly the place of birth name. I have searched online the old maps and new that I can find to try and locate this place with no luck. If anyone can ...