Search found 16 matches
- 14 Jan 2010, 17:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7677
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Any help I can get is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to establish/confirm that Lt. General Filippo Crimi born Jan 29, 1891 was Giuseppi Crimi thhe son of Stefano & Pietrina Sigismondo. I'm guessing that the General 's middle name was Filippo and he used that. He was in Italian Army from 1909-1956 ...
- 13 Jan 2010, 18:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7677
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Every date, name and bit of info helps. I've had good luck getting that kind of info from www.findagrave.com which is up to 40 Mil burials and adds abt 1 Mil every month and a half (I've entered abt 1000 names) also for anyone having lived in NY State; I go to www.fultonhistory.com which has abt 12 ...
- 13 Jan 2010, 17:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7677
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Val,
Thx. I had the spouses names etc but no dates of marriage. Also I some how missed that website. Been all over Monessen PA on web but didn't come across that website. Salvatore got married there also & I have a date but will look there anyway. Thanks again
Kevin
Thx. I had the spouses names etc but no dates of marriage. Also I some how missed that website. Been all over Monessen PA on web but didn't come across that website. Salvatore got married there also & I have a date but will look there anyway. Thanks again
Kevin
- 13 Jan 2010, 16:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7677
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Valarie,
I posted, hoping a relative of Pietrina's would be able to tell me something abt her husband Stefano Crimi who I believed died before Pietrina came to USA and also she had a son (name unk) who died at age 14 in Italy and a son Giuseppe Crimi who according to obits in USA was a General in ...
I posted, hoping a relative of Pietrina's would be able to tell me something abt her husband Stefano Crimi who I believed died before Pietrina came to USA and also she had a son (name unk) who died at age 14 in Italy and a son Giuseppe Crimi who according to obits in USA was a General in ...
- 13 Jan 2010, 05:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7677
Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Looking for info on Pietrina Sigismondo who married a Stefano Crimi. Pietrina came to USA in 1907 and her adult children came to USA from abt 1903 to 1908. I believe the family came from Salemi, Sicily.
- 07 Jan 2010, 03:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lt General Filippo Crimi
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2455
Lt General Filippo Crimi
Lt General Filippo Crimi born 1891 is Salemi (TP) Sicily. He joined the Italian Army in 1909 and retired after 1954. His military bio is on a website listing the Gernerals of all the countries involved in WWII. I am trying to find out if his parents where Stephen and Petrina Crimi and if his first ...
- 16 May 2009, 04:01
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Newspaper Archive
- Replies: 17
- Views: 18689
Re: Newspaper Archive
HeritageQuest has very little of the 1930 census. You have to go to Ancestry.com to do any lookups for 1930.
- 07 May 2009, 02:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Spadaro-Catania, Sicily
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4311
Re: Spadaro-Catania, Sicily
Thanks spadjo. I'll keep digging.
- 27 Apr 2009, 05:17
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Newspaper Archive
- Replies: 17
- Views: 18689
Re: Newspaper Archive
A couple of other websites that you might get lucky on picking up a maiden name:
www.newspaperabstracts.com (free)
www.rootsweb.com (free) has some old newspapers you can search
www.ancestry.com (fee) has old newspaper collection you can search
www.genealogybank.com (fee) free search
www.footnote ...
www.newspaperabstracts.com (free)
www.rootsweb.com (free) has some old newspapers you can search
www.ancestry.com (fee) has old newspaper collection you can search
www.genealogybank.com (fee) free search
www.footnote ...
- 26 Apr 2009, 22:28
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
- Replies: 13
- Views: 16792
Re: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
Livio & Senior,
I tried sending you two guys a thankyou last night but don't see it on here. So I'll say it again. Thanks for all your help.
I tried sending you two guys a thankyou last night but don't see it on here. So I'll say it again. Thanks for all your help.
- 24 Apr 2009, 17:17
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
- Replies: 13
- Views: 16792
Re: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
Livio,
Thanks for the help. I couldn't find any pictures on internet showing Italian Army rank insignia but have a book showing Marines of the world and the Spanish military wears similar rank insignia and the two pips/stars are a 1/Lt (First Lieutenant) in their military.
Thanks for the help. I couldn't find any pictures on internet showing Italian Army rank insignia but have a book showing Marines of the world and the Spanish military wears similar rank insignia and the two pips/stars are a 1/Lt (First Lieutenant) in their military.
- 24 Apr 2009, 16:10
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
- Replies: 13
- Views: 16792
Re: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
I tried to post pix of Alfio Spadaro in uniform but must have done it wrong because I don't see the pix or my message. Gues I'll try again.
- 24 Apr 2009, 03:37
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
- Replies: 13
- Views: 16792
Re: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
Senior,
I didn't receive any other replies from you except the two you posted on this forum. I found the book both on Google Books and at Amazon.com but could only read to page 12 without having an Amazon account which I don't. I usually buy books at Borders or Barnes and Noble or the flea market ...
I didn't receive any other replies from you except the two you posted on this forum. I found the book both on Google Books and at Amazon.com but could only read to page 12 without having an Amazon account which I don't. I usually buy books at Borders or Barnes and Noble or the flea market ...
- 23 Apr 2009, 23:22
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
- Replies: 13
- Views: 16792
Re: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
Senior,
Thanks for the help. I do all the genealogy for my Arlotta cousins and was able to give one of them enough info that he found his 95 year old aunt when he went to Sicily a couple years ago. Who did you know named Arlotta?? I might get hooked on this Italian military stuff. This is my first ...
Thanks for the help. I do all the genealogy for my Arlotta cousins and was able to give one of them enough info that he found his 95 year old aunt when he went to Sicily a couple years ago. Who did you know named Arlotta?? I might get hooked on this Italian military stuff. This is my first ...
- 23 Apr 2009, 18:59
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
- Replies: 13
- Views: 16792
Italian Army 54th Infantry-1921
I have a picture of Alfio Spadaro taken about 1921-1927 in Catania, Sicily. He is in what I assume is an Italian Army uniform. hat badge on Kepi is crossed rifles with #54 in center. No chevrens can be seen on sleave but it looks like two pips on shoulder and a star on tunic coller. I'm guessing he ...