Barbara, thank you so much.
Rose Mary
Search found 12 matches
- 16 May 2009, 15:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
- 15 May 2009, 17:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
Re: finding ancestors
OMG Barbara, I think we're related!!! Yes, it was Gregory that drew "These Woman", I just couldnt think of it when I first wrote you. And yes, I knew bits of John being a furrier. And the name of the other brother is Caspare, who came here, married Grace but, no children. Never heard the name ...
- 13 May 2009, 17:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
Re: finding ancestors
Hi Biff, just got a thread from greenweedz, saying Michael who was the witness in your post of May 1, 2009 is greenweedz grandfather. my grandma Consolata had a brother named Michael D'Alessio. Any more info?
Maria
Maria
- 13 May 2009, 17:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
Re: finding ancestors
Hi Greenweedz, Maria here. I dont know if we're on the same track, but, did you have any relative in NY that wrote a strip in the paper (I'll get the name of him & the name of what he wrote). My grandma's brothers were in the fashion business. She is a D'Alessio from Montefalcone, Italy the town of ...
- 03 May 2009, 03:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
Re: finding ancestors
Hi Biff, just saw your message about the manifest. I must say i'm confused. I'm trying to sort this info out, but, its not making sence. I'm thinking that Filomena is grandma Consolata's sister & Mariamina is her daughter w/the surname of Ciarnoli. I also thought Carlo Leonardo could be her son as ...
- 01 May 2009, 18:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
Re: finding ancestors
Grazie Biff, I just ordered Grandma's death certificate. I'll let you know if there are any new names.
ML
ML
- 01 May 2009, 14:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
Re: finding ancestors
Hi Biff, Maria Luigi here. Want to try your hand at my maternal grandparents & their parents. Formato/D'Alessio families. Born in Montefalcone di Val Fortore a comune in the Province of Benevento the region of Campania. Giuseppe Formato married Consolata D'Alessio. Dont have ship manifest info. Dont ...
- 30 Apr 2009, 13:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
Re: finding ancestors
Hi Biff, any more news for the Ciccia's? How about Rosa Miceli, mom? Her name or anyone else from San Fili?? Date that Giuseppe & Rosa were married. Any more siblings either have.
Til later,
Maria
Til later,
Maria
- 29 Apr 2009, 04:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
Re: finding ancestors
Hi B & V....I just cant believe I now know the name of my great grandpa,
& my grandma's brother. This rocks!!!!!!
Maria
& my grandma's brother. This rocks!!!!!!
Maria
- 29 Apr 2009, 03:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
Re: finding ancestors
Hi Biff & Valerie, Just got on & saw this info. I have never heard of these places, Mammola & San Fili. Also, possible, Giuseppe had a brother named
Francesco, because Rosina had a baby named the same that died when he was a child (influenza). So now I know at least one sibling of grandpa.
mil ...
Francesco, because Rosina had a baby named the same that died when he was a child (influenza). So now I know at least one sibling of grandpa.
mil ...
- 28 Apr 2009, 16:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
Re: finding ancestors
Thank you both so much for the info. It is so great to see something in print about our family. I dont know great-grandparents names, nor do I know the town near Cosenza where they all came from. I guess I'll start looking for info about Cosenza.
Regards,
Maria Luigi
Regards,
Maria Luigi
- 27 Apr 2009, 22:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding ancestors
- Replies: 33
- Views: 26710
finding ancestors
I'm looking for my grandfather Joseph Ciccia who married Rose Miceli. They came from a town near Cosenza. They had 5 children. Albert, Nick,
Victoria, Anthony & Carmella. They all settled in Chicago and the name could possibly be Ciccio.
Victoria, Anthony & Carmella. They all settled in Chicago and the name could possibly be Ciccio.