Search found 11 matches

by Marco925
24 Dec 2010, 04:23
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Replies: 25
Views: 12067

Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?

jennabet wrote:Congratulations! You received a nice Christmas present from Italy.
Indeed!

Image
by Marco925
23 Dec 2010, 18:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Replies: 25
Views: 12067

Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?

Hey guys bit of an update, I decided to run by the consulate today in Toronto another time to see what was going on as they told me they would call me, but they never did (not surprised)

It turns out the appeal i sent last time Worked.

I Now am carrying my passport WITH the hyphenated name. No ...
by Marco925
14 Dec 2010, 18:33
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Replies: 25
Views: 12067

Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?

Extremely. a town of 3000 people, you would expect they wouldn't be so busy to give me a shout.
by Marco925
12 Dec 2010, 14:21
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Replies: 25
Views: 12067

Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?

No, the commune is terrible with communication, the consulate seemed to accept it just fine, but the commune caused the problem, i had to drive all the way to toronto just to find out this because Nobody communicates with me. My mom and brother have received it from verifying. but i'm the one with ...
by Marco925
04 Dec 2010, 22:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Replies: 25
Views: 12067

Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?

VittorioE wrote:Question ... is your name hyphenated on your birth certificate?
Yes.
by Marco925
03 Dec 2010, 16:17
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Replies: 25
Views: 12067

Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?

troycjaco wrote:" ... nor any letters other than those of the Italian alphabet plus J, K, X, Y, and W... "

O great
Other than the hyphen, in regards to the spelling, none of the letters are forbidden. in fact My current double last name doesn't contain J K W X Y
by Marco925
02 Dec 2010, 14:30
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Replies: 25
Views: 12067

Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?

Yeah Exactly. Last name is MMMM-DDDD

M=Mom
D=Dad

I don't mind if it's MMMM DDDD
by Marco925
02 Dec 2010, 14:03
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Replies: 25
Views: 12067

Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?

Birth certificate DOES contain the hyphenated name. with the dash. I'm not so worried about the dash, i just don't want to lose either of the last names. is it possible to keep both?

I forgot to mention that I'm from Canada if that makes a difference, my Consulate is Toronto, and on both the birth ...
by Marco925
02 Dec 2010, 05:49
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Replies: 25
Views: 12067

Commune doesn't like my last name?

Hey guys, I filed all my paperwork and stuff, and looking for a bit of advice, My brother was admitted, so was my Mom into the realms of italian citizenship, but I have a Hyphenated name and the Commune doesn't seem to want to accept it. My brother does indeed not have a hyphenated last name. but I ...
by Marco925
11 May 2009, 13:37
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Certificato Trascorso Possesso Della Cittadinanza Italiana
Replies: 0
Views: 2494

Certificato Trascorso Possesso Della Cittadinanza Italiana

Hi! I'm from Canada, and I'm trying to get my Citizenship also. My Nonni are from Scandale, born on 1938 and '39, However Since my Nonno threw away his old passport after becoming a Dual citizen, I need this Certificato Trascorso Possesso Della Cittadinanza Italiana, which I have no idea on how to ...