Search found 15 matches

by chazmo
24 Nov 2009, 17:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Teresa Corso Mastroberardino
Replies: 0
Views: 2892

Teresa Corso Mastroberardino

Does anyone have information about my great grandmother? She was married to Antonio Mastroberardino and lived in the Lupara/Castelbottaccio area. Her daughter Pasqualina (my grandmother) married Michele De Sanctis and immigrated to the United States in 1936.
Thanks
Chazmo
by chazmo
02 Jun 2009, 11:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Michele De Santis
Replies: 4
Views: 5542

Re: Michele De Santis

He lived the majority of the time in Bessemer, PA but I did find a note that his address was in Hillsville, PA when he was naturalized in Washington D.C. on 11-21-1929. The only other thing I can think of is that he took the American name Michael (Michele), maybe that will help.
Thanks for the time ...
by chazmo
01 Jun 2009, 20:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Michele De Santis
Replies: 4
Views: 5542

Re: Michele De Santis

He was born January 6, 1898 and died August 10, 1989 and he lived in Bessemer, PA.
Thanks for any information you can find.
Chuck
by chazmo
01 Jun 2009, 14:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Michele De Santis
Replies: 4
Views: 5542

Michele De Santis

I am looking for any information on my grandfather, Michele De Santis. He was born in 1898 in the town of Lupara and was in the Italian army. Also, he was married to Pasqaulina Mastroberardino. I have found that he immigrated to the United States in 1923 from Castelbottaccio.
Thanks for any help.
by chazmo
28 May 2009, 14:12
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian government paying for immigration
Replies: 1
Views: 6097

Italian government paying for immigration

I have found the passenger lists for relatives who came to the United States in 1920. In the column where it asks "who paid for ticket", is listed the Italian government. Does anyone know why they would have been doing this at the time?
Thanks
by chazmo
28 May 2009, 13:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Mastroberardino from Castelbottaccio
Replies: 3
Views: 4876

Re: Mastroberardino from Castelbottaccio

I appreciate the information you have provided.
Chuck
by chazmo
28 May 2009, 12:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Mastroberardino from Castelbottaccio
Replies: 3
Views: 4876

Mastroberardino from Castelbottaccio

Does anyone have information on the Mastroberardino family from Castelbottaccio? My grandmother was Pasqaulina Mastroberardino, born 1904, and her mother's name was Terese. Pasqualina married Michele
De Santis who was born in 1898 in Lapara.
Thanks for any help.
by chazmo
21 May 2009, 13:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian maiden names
Replies: 6
Views: 5216

Re: Italian maiden names

Valarie,
Thank you so much. The 1930 manifest is my grandfather and I actually grew up in Hillsville. This would have been a return visit to the US since it states he was naturalized in 1929 at Washington D.C. Would it be possible to find his first visit ships manifest. From what I have found, there ...
by chazmo
21 May 2009, 12:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian maiden names
Replies: 6
Views: 5216

Re: Italian maiden names

Thanks again for all the help. I will check footnote.com
by chazmo
21 May 2009, 12:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian maiden names
Replies: 6
Views: 5216

Re: Italian maiden names

Thank you for the information. I don't know when my grandfather came to the United States but his name was Michele De Santis - born Jan. 6, 1898 and was from Castelbottaccio. Why would my father be a US citizen but not his 13 year old brother? Was there an age limitation? Also, do you know where I ...
by chazmo
21 May 2009, 12:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian maiden names
Replies: 6
Views: 5216

Italian maiden names

Can anyone tell me why my grandmother was listed under her maiden name on the ships passenger list? Also, my father came to the states when he was 5 years old in 1936. The passenger list shows him as a US citizen but my grandparents were both Italian citizens as well as his 13 year old brother. How ...
by chazmo
20 May 2009, 20:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian birthcertificates
Replies: 2
Views: 3787

Re: Italian birthcertificates

Thanks for the information.
by chazmo
20 May 2009, 19:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian birthcertificates
Replies: 2
Views: 3787

Italian birthcertificates

Is it possible to get copies of birth certificates for my Italian father and grandparents? If so, can someone explain what steps to take?
Thanks for the help!
by chazmo
20 May 2009, 18:47
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can anyone help with 1936 passenger lists from the S.S. Rex?
Replies: 8
Views: 7700

Can anyone help with 1936 passenger lists from the S.S. Rex?

I am trying to find a passenger list showing my father and grandmother arriving in New York aboard the SS Rex. The names are Antonio Carmen De Santis and Pasqualina Mastroberardino De Santis and were from the province of Campobasso and the city of Castelbottaccio. I have been told the arrival date ...