I never tried giving an ultimatum like that cuz I didn't want to seem pushy. It's been awhile since I last tried to write so maybe i'll give it a try and see what happens.
Tina, I don’t know if I agree at all with this tactic. Most people will react quickly if they feel like they’ve been ...
Search found 10 matches
- 15 Sep 2010, 17:27
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: distant relatives and such
- Replies: 30
- Views: 33120
- 17 Jun 2009, 20:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16116
Re: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
Suanj, could I please ask you another question about the babies that were left at the orphanage? I really appreciate all your knowledge on this subject.
Did the family of the mother ever take the baby to raise, for example, would the grandparents (parents of the mother) ever take the baby and bring ...
Did the family of the mother ever take the baby to raise, for example, would the grandparents (parents of the mother) ever take the baby and bring ...
- 17 Jun 2009, 17:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16116
Re: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
Thanks so much for the explanation suanj, now I understand. I feel sad that my grandmother lived with this status of a foundling, but I am glad that she was able to receive the love of her own family. She was such a sweet lady, and we all loved her so much.
I want to thank you for all your help ...
I want to thank you for all your help ...
- 17 Jun 2009, 16:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16116
Re: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
OK, I just got off the phone with my sister, and she told me she remembers that "John Butti" died of the flu, he was not a nice husband, and my grandmother Beatrice did not like to talk about him. From this marriage record you sent, it looks like his real name was Giacomo Butti, and he married Maria ...
- 17 Jun 2009, 16:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16116
Re: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
YES!!! That name BUTTI!!!! You have the right family, because now I do remember that Maria had a husband called BUTTI!
But something happened to Butti, I don't remember, he was not a nice man, and they did not have any children. Maria did not stay with Butti, I don't remember the whole story.
I ...
But something happened to Butti, I don't remember, he was not a nice man, and they did not have any children. Maria did not stay with Butti, I don't remember the whole story.
I ...
- 17 Jun 2009, 15:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16116
Re: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
Thanks suanj, I really appreciate your knowledge!!!!
I never thought of this possibility, that Beatrice was the daughter of Maria. I do know that Beatrice was very close to Maria, and that Maria raised her like a daughter. But my grandmother always said that Maria was her aunt, her mother’s ...
I never thought of this possibility, that Beatrice was the daughter of Maria. I do know that Beatrice was very close to Maria, and that Maria raised her like a daughter. But my grandmother always said that Maria was her aunt, her mother’s ...
- 17 Jun 2009, 14:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16116
Re: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
Oh my goodness, thank you so much suanj!!!!
This is wonderful information, I always heard from my grandmother that her grandparents' names were: Giovanni Rossi and Giacomina Rossi.
Then, Giovanni and Giacomina had a daughter named Giovannina, born in 1880. And my grandmother Beatrice always told ...
This is wonderful information, I always heard from my grandmother that her grandparents' names were: Giovanni Rossi and Giacomina Rossi.
Then, Giovanni and Giacomina had a daughter named Giovannina, born in 1880. And my grandmother Beatrice always told ...
- 17 Jun 2009, 12:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16116
Re: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
I guess I don’t understand why the parents names would be left off the birth records. Are you saying that the officials did this deliberately, so that the parents didn’t have to take any responsibility for the baby??? I mean, I can understand if the baby is left on the doorstep or something, and ...
- 16 Jun 2009, 22:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16116
Re: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
So, is there someway to verify for sure that my grandmother was truly the daughter of Giovannina Rossi (as she always claimed to be)???
Are there records in Italy for orphans, where I could find some more information?
My grandmother also told us that she knew her mother's mother, she said her name ...
Are there records in Italy for orphans, where I could find some more information?
My grandmother also told us that she knew her mother's mother, she said her name ...
- 16 Jun 2009, 19:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16116
Beatrice Fortunato - 1906 - San Nazzaro - NEED HELP!
I need some help trying to sort this out:
My grandmother was Beatrice Fortuntato, born Sept. 17, 1906 in the town of San Nazzaro val Cavargna, province of Como, Italy.
She was an orphan, born out of wedlock to a woman named Giovannina Rossi. My grandmother always told us the story that a few days ...
My grandmother was Beatrice Fortuntato, born Sept. 17, 1906 in the town of San Nazzaro val Cavargna, province of Como, Italy.
She was an orphan, born out of wedlock to a woman named Giovannina Rossi. My grandmother always told us the story that a few days ...