He was my great great grandfather. He would have possibility came to the US in mid to late 1800's. Although these cold be his relatives. My great grandmother Julia was born in 1880s. So maybe he came in that decade or the one before it?
Thank You So Much For Your help.
Dennis
Search found 14 matches
- 27 Mar 2011, 14:41
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Irish and American genealogy
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2314
- 27 Mar 2011, 06:05
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Irish and American genealogy
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2314
Irish and American genealogy
This group has helped me find great amounts of history for my Italian family. I Thank you so much for this...
This of course has caused me to find new questions. My Italian Great Grandfather Charles Vitanza was married to Julia Vitanza (St John) born July 11 1889. I found out her father was Irish ...
This of course has caused me to find new questions. My Italian Great Grandfather Charles Vitanza was married to Julia Vitanza (St John) born July 11 1889. I found out her father was Irish ...
- 24 Nov 2010, 04:54
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Calogero Vitanza - name meaning
- Replies: 9
- Views: 12895
Re: Calogero Vitanza - name meaning
Hi,
My name is Dennis Gomez. I have been searching for any information on the Vitanza family. My great grand father was from sicily, Messina. Give me a message and we can discuss it. He was born in 1887. He came to America in 1905.
My name is Dennis Gomez. I have been searching for any information on the Vitanza family. My great grand father was from sicily, Messina. Give me a message and we can discuss it. He was born in 1887. He came to America in 1905.
- 25 Jan 2010, 23:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Help With San Salvatore di fitalia
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8575
Re: Help With San Salvatore di fitalia
I sent a letter 3 months ago asking for info on my family in s. salvatore fi fitalia. They never responded. I sent postage and a letter in Italian. What should I do? I am at a dead end...
Dennis
Dennis
- 20 Aug 2009, 14:32
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Help With San Salvatore di fitalia
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8575
Re: Help With San Salvatore di fitalia
Peter,
Thank you for the information. I will see if they will send me the paper work. I appreciate eveyone's time and effort. This site has helped me learn so much about my family!
You guys are great!
Dennis
Thank you for the information. I will see if they will send me the paper work. I appreciate eveyone's time and effort. This site has helped me learn so much about my family!
You guys are great!
Dennis
- 19 Aug 2009, 19:50
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Help With San Salvatore di fitalia
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8575
Re: Help With San Salvatore di fitalia
Thanks for your advise Ill see what I can do!! Im not quite sure who I should address the letter I wrote to. I checked the website and it did not mention who is in charge of the records in this small town.
Thank you everyone,
Dennis
Thank you everyone,
Dennis
- 14 Aug 2009, 21:49
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Help With San Salvatore di fitalia
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8575
Help With San Salvatore di fitalia
I am having the hardest time trying to get vital records from this town. I emailed the info address on the s. salvatore fi fitalia website (3 times )but I did not get a reply. What paper work do I send? Does anyone know an email that works that a person would respond too. If you have contacted this ...
- 12 Aug 2009, 17:25
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: San Salvatore di Fitalia info
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4296
Re: San Salvatore di Fitalia info
I am having the hardest time trying to get vital records from this town. I emailed the info address on the s. salvatore fi fitalia website (3 times )but I did not get a reply. What paper work do I send? Does anyone know an email that works that a person would respond too. If you have contacted this ...
- 08 Aug 2009, 05:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Im am looking for the marriage records for Charles Vitanza
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4749
Re: Im am looking for the marriage records for Charles Vitan
Thank you so much!!!!!
I would have never found this info!
I appreciate your hard work and time!!! The misspelling of Vitanza to Bitanza is because he had a thick accent. I would never of thought to look for that. I really really appreciate your help!!! I will countiune my search for Julia Vitanza ...
I would have never found this info!
I appreciate your hard work and time!!! The misspelling of Vitanza to Bitanza is because he had a thick accent. I would never of thought to look for that. I really really appreciate your help!!! I will countiune my search for Julia Vitanza ...
- 07 Aug 2009, 20:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Im am looking for the marriage records for Charles Vitanza
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4749
Im am looking for the marriage records for Charles Vitanza
Hello I am new and need help I am stuck :(
My Great Grandfather is named Charles Vitanza born 1883 in S. Salvatore di fitalia.
He was married twice:
Henrietta Vitanza married until death
Julia St. John divorced unknown?????
I want to find out about Julia and Charles's info... Mom maiden and ...
My Great Grandfather is named Charles Vitanza born 1883 in S. Salvatore di fitalia.
He was married twice:
Henrietta Vitanza married until death
Julia St. John divorced unknown?????
I want to find out about Julia and Charles's info... Mom maiden and ...
- 06 Aug 2009, 03:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vitanza and Celeste families from San Salvatore di fitalia
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3538
Re: Vitanza and Celeste families from San Salvatore di fital
Thanks for the help!!! Ill take a look and try and get some info!!!
Best
Dennis
Best
Dennis
- 06 Aug 2009, 02:02
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: San Salvatore di Fitalia info
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4296
Re: San Salvatore di Fitalia info
Thank You for your help! Ill see if I can find more info!
Dennis
Dennis
- 04 Aug 2009, 21:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vitanza and Celeste families from San Salvatore di fitalia
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3538
Vitanza and Celeste families from San Salvatore di fitalia
Hello,
Through research on this sight and old paper work I have found my great granfather is Charles (colegero I think it is spelled in Italian) Vitanza born in 1883 in this region. His father is Razario (Rosario ??) Vitanza. they are Shoemakers. His wife is named Giuseffina (Josefina??). Does ...
Through research on this sight and old paper work I have found my great granfather is Charles (colegero I think it is spelled in Italian) Vitanza born in 1883 in this region. His father is Razario (Rosario ??) Vitanza. they are Shoemakers. His wife is named Giuseffina (Josefina??). Does ...
- 04 Aug 2009, 21:39
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: San Salvatore di Fitalia info
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4296
San Salvatore di Fitalia info
Hello,
Because of this great sight I have learned where my family has come from!!! Thanks Everyone!! I would like to know about this town. My family name is Vitanza and Celeste, is there anyone in the history of this area that is note worthy? If anyone reads this and knows anything about these ...
Because of this great sight I have learned where my family has come from!!! Thanks Everyone!! I would like to know about this town. My family name is Vitanza and Celeste, is there anyone in the history of this area that is note worthy? If anyone reads this and knows anything about these ...