Search found 5 matches
- 03 Oct 2009, 16:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stopani
- Replies: 17
- Views: 13838
Re: Stopani
Interesting. I will email you privately.
- 23 Aug 2009, 16:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stopani
- Replies: 17
- Views: 13838
Re: Stopani
Thanks Peter
I will let you know how I get on with contacting Walter.
I will let you know how I get on with contacting Walter.
- 23 Aug 2009, 16:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stopani
- Replies: 17
- Views: 13838
Re: Stopani
Thanks suanj.
Yes the info you quote about the barometers is correct and where he settled is correct.
I have no idea of mother or father's name. The story goes that he fled Italy to avoid conscription into Napoleon's army so it is conceivable that the original name was one 'p' but I doubt it.
There ...
Yes the info you quote about the barometers is correct and where he settled is correct.
I have no idea of mother or father's name. The story goes that he fled Italy to avoid conscription into Napoleon's army so it is conceivable that the original name was one 'p' but I doubt it.
There ...
- 23 Aug 2009, 14:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stopani
- Replies: 17
- Views: 13838
Re: Stopani
Thanks Peter for your reply.
I am aware of all the sites you mention but it is pre 1800 info that I am looking for.
I am led to believe that they originated in Lecco but cannot be one hundred percent certain.
I do know that the use of one 'p' in the surname is very rare compared with the double 'p ...
I am aware of all the sites you mention but it is pre 1800 info that I am looking for.
I am led to believe that they originated in Lecco but cannot be one hundred percent certain.
I do know that the use of one 'p' in the surname is very rare compared with the double 'p ...
- 23 Aug 2009, 14:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stopani
- Replies: 17
- Views: 13838
Stopani
My g g g grandfather John (presumably Giovanni) Stopani left Italy in the late 1700's and settled in Scotland. He came from the Lombardy area of Italy. I am very keen to learn about the family prior to 1800 and welcome any information. Thank you. 