Search found 12 matches

by ckolesa
28 Oct 2010, 00:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Raffaele Gargiulo
Replies: 3
Views: 2298

Raffaele Gargiulo

I just came back from a visit to Sorrento and Capri. I was very surprised at the amount of times that the name Gargiulo appeared. I have been looking to trace my Grandfather's family. His name was Raffaele Gargiulo. I saw a War Monument on Capri that had the name Raffaele Gargiulo on it. I thought ...
by ckolesa
10 Sep 2009, 16:04
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Antoinette (a) Greco
Replies: 9
Views: 5655

Re: Antoinette (a) Greco

No, I have no death certificates. I did notice that they were born in Pa. Interesting. Perhaps it was because of his occupation that they moved there for awhile. I have to put all this information together that I have and see what I need to know next. Grazia.
by ckolesa
10 Sep 2009, 14:54
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Antoinette (a) Greco
Replies: 9
Views: 5655

Re: Antoinette (a) Greco

This really makes my heart beat fast, it really looks like it could be. I grew up at 661 w 187th street but never remember my grandparents mentioning her sister or brothers for that matter. I can only vaguely remember her mentioning an albert (brother). It looks like they changed their name to sound ...
by ckolesa
10 Sep 2009, 14:23
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Antoinette (a) Greco
Replies: 9
Views: 5655

Re: Antoinette (a) Greco

You are so thorough. WOW! this opens up a whole new area for me to explore. Thank You,. Grazia. Where is Liguria? I have only been to Trieste the home of my father. I hope to see more of Italy soon and to beable to locate my mother's family if any still exist.
by ckolesa
10 Sep 2009, 14:12
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Antoinette (a) Greco
Replies: 9
Views: 5655

Re: Antoinette (a) Greco

Thank You for the information. How did you ever find it? Each time I look into my background, I find out something new. It is the first time I see a daughter mentioned (Maria) I wander if she died enroute or after arrival. All later information that I have says nothing about her. Do you know how to ...
by ckolesa
08 Sep 2009, 23:22
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Antoinette (a) Greco
Replies: 9
Views: 5655

Antoinette (a) Greco

Hello, I am looking for more information about my great grandmother maiden name Antoinette Greco. She was born about 1853-1856 in Italy somewhere in the Naples area. She married Antonio Perrotta(e)(i) and emigrated to New York City in 1887. Trying to find a birth certificate or the Town in which she ...
by ckolesa
03 Sep 2009, 23:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on Vitale Gargiulo and Rachela
Replies: 3
Views: 3114

Looking for information on Vitale Gargiulo and Rachela

Does anyone have information about Vitale and Rachela Gargiulo. They are my great grandparents from somewhere near Salerno, It. I know of one of their children, Raffaele Gargiulo my grandfather born Oct. 21, 1880 or 1883.
by ckolesa
03 Sep 2009, 10:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Great Grandmother Antoinette Parrotte
Replies: 6
Views: 6292

Re: Great Grandmother Antoinette Parrotte

Thank You, Thank You , thank You. I never would have found all that information.
by ckolesa
02 Sep 2009, 17:09
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Great Grandmother Antoinette Parrotte
Replies: 6
Views: 6292

Great Grandmother Antoinette Parrotte

I am looking for information on a Antoinette Parrotte and son Ralph Parrotte. would like to know when they came to America and from where. would like information on her husband, my great grandfather not mentioned in the 1930 census. It appears that my great grandmother arrived in 1887 so she must ...
by ckolesa
02 Sep 2009, 12:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Garjiulo
Replies: 9
Views: 6231

Re: Looking for Garjiulo

Thank You, I am going to go to the library, they have a subscription to ancestry.com. I hope to find out more information on my great grandmother and great grandfather.
by ckolesa
01 Sep 2009, 14:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Garjiulo
Replies: 9
Views: 6231

Re: Looking for Garjiulo

Thank you so much this IS the correct family. Wow, I thought I would never find out anything. What a good start for me to go forward.
by ckolesa
31 Aug 2009, 22:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Garjiulo
Replies: 9
Views: 6231

Looking for Garjiulo

I am looking for information about a Rafaele Garjiulo or Raphael Garjiulo from what I believe to be Sorrento, Italy born in or about 1880. Emmigrated to New York City. Had a vegetable store. Married in NYC to american born Rachel. Had 3 children, Lillian, Antoinetta, Vito (KIA) WWII and buried in ...