Shoot. It's suppose to be death record, not birth. Is there an edit here?
** Found the edit. Forgot to log in first. Duh. **
It's a different search. Found the other info I needed. It's just so odd there is no record of the death. What reasons would warrant that do you think?
Search found 9 matches
- 22 Sep 2009, 23:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How can there be no death record?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5182
- 22 Sep 2009, 21:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How can there be no death record?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5182
How can there be no death record?
The story is my great grandfather died in 1918. That's all anyone knows. There is no death certificate, no record of his burial, not a thing!
How is that possible? Not only was a search done online but visits to the town hall, church and cemetery.
I'm beginning to think he ran off but the ...
How is that possible? Not only was a search done online but visits to the town hall, church and cemetery.
I'm beginning to think he ran off but the ...
- 20 Sep 2009, 16:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on DiMaria family
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12780
Re: Looking for info on DiMaria family
Thank you Laura, I finally found it. It still took some doing for whatever reason. Makes me wonder what else I've been missing in searches.
Now to find some info on my great grandfather Salvatore.....the mystery man. LOL
Eventually (when I have the money) I'll pay the membership fee at ...
Now to find some info on my great grandfather Salvatore.....the mystery man. LOL
Eventually (when I have the money) I'll pay the membership fee at ...
- 20 Sep 2009, 16:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on DiMaria family
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12780
Re: Looking for info on DiMaria family
Some mysteries have been solved!
There was a Francesco after all and no Ciro. They had a sister Grazie as well. Joseph was a Calogero, not a Guiseppe.
I talked with a cousin yesterday on the DiMaria side that had a lot of information. Strange thing is nobody can find anything at all about my great ...
There was a Francesco after all and no Ciro. They had a sister Grazie as well. Joseph was a Calogero, not a Guiseppe.
I talked with a cousin yesterday on the DiMaria side that had a lot of information. Strange thing is nobody can find anything at all about my great ...
- 13 Sep 2009, 21:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on DiMaria family
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12780
Re: Looking for info on DiMaria family
You're welcome :D
My grandfather gave my sister this birth order. The birth years are what we can figure.
Joseph (1870)
Patsy (1885) or (1877 according to the census)
Salvatore (1887)
Ciro ????
I can't find a blessed thing on a Ciro at all!
Maybe ciro was Frank, maybe his first name was ...
My grandfather gave my sister this birth order. The birth years are what we can figure.
Joseph (1870)
Patsy (1885) or (1877 according to the census)
Salvatore (1887)
Ciro ????
I can't find a blessed thing on a Ciro at all!
Maybe ciro was Frank, maybe his first name was ...
- 12 Sep 2009, 18:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on DiMaria family
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12780
Re: Looking for info on DiMaria family
You guys are good! I really need to learn how to search better at ancestry.com. I never came across that directory listing for Salvatore.
So much of all that makes perfect sense but it's so odd that nobody remembers the name Frank at all. My grandfather gave my sister this birth order. The birth ...
So much of all that makes perfect sense but it's so odd that nobody remembers the name Frank at all. My grandfather gave my sister this birth order. The birth ...
- 12 Sep 2009, 13:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on DiMaria family
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12780
Re: Looking for info on DiMaria family
I finally got in touch with my great Aunt and she was so happy I was doing this because she knows once they go (they are in their 80's) that all this will go with them. She said didn't know much because she really didn't pay attention when her mom would talk about, just like all kids I suppose.
But ...
But ...
- 11 Sep 2009, 20:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on DiMaria family
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12780
Re: Looking for info on DiMaria family
Pink!
That's fantastic information. You must be a better searcher on Ancestry.com because I missed some of that. I would have to say the draft card is right because it's dated 1917 (I believe) and says he has 2 boys. His daughter wasn't born until 1918. It says he had a haunchback, if I read that ...
That's fantastic information. You must be a better searcher on Ancestry.com because I missed some of that. I would have to say the draft card is right because it's dated 1917 (I believe) and says he has 2 boys. His daughter wasn't born until 1918. It says he had a haunchback, if I read that ...
- 11 Sep 2009, 02:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on DiMaria family
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12780
Looking for info on DiMaria family
Hello to all.
I've hit a wall n my search as I have been unable to get some info from relatives.
I'm trying to find some information about Joseph (Guiseppe) DiMaria. What I do know is he was born around June 29, 1840 in Termini Imererse, Sicily. He had 4 sons. Salvatore, Joseph, Cyril and Patsy ...
I've hit a wall n my search as I have been unable to get some info from relatives.
I'm trying to find some information about Joseph (Guiseppe) DiMaria. What I do know is he was born around June 29, 1840 in Termini Imererse, Sicily. He had 4 sons. Salvatore, Joseph, Cyril and Patsy ...