Search found 23 matches
- 21 Feb 2011, 19:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My own Naturalization papers - quick questions
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1063
Re: My own Naturalization papers - quick questions
I will be applying through the NY consulate in April.
- 21 Feb 2011, 07:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My own Naturalization papers - quick questions
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1063
My own Naturalization papers - quick questions
Hi guys,
I have almost all of my paperwork, but had a quick question....
With my own experience, I have the certificate of naturalization when I became a US citizen (I'm originally from Peru), the one that looks like an award. For myself would that suffice, or would I still need to order the ...
I have almost all of my paperwork, but had a quick question....
With my own experience, I have the certificate of naturalization when I became a US citizen (I'm originally from Peru), the one that looks like an award. For myself would that suffice, or would I still need to order the ...
- 22 Nov 2010, 01:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: List of documents I need - want to double check
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3588
Re: List of documents I need - want to double check
Originally I was going to apply through Philly but then I moved to NY, so now i'm applying there. With my ggf - I was able to call and get the C-file number immediately, they told me they had it and that it would take only a couple of weeks. I sent it out Friday, so hopefully sometime in December I ...
- 19 Nov 2010, 18:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: List of documents I need - want to double check
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3588
Re: List of documents I need - want to double check
How long did it take you to get all of your paperwork? I have a family member who already did all of that but filed in Peru. I'm planning on traveling there to also help expedite the process of getting the rest of the stuff.
- 19 Nov 2010, 18:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship through Maternal GF?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4350
Re: Citizenship through Maternal GF?
What year were you born? Women could not pass Italian citizenship prior to Jan 1st, 1948.
- 19 Nov 2010, 16:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: List of documents I need - want to double check
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3588
Re: List of documents I need - want to double check
Yes, I already have my appointment. I called last year. It's in April 
- 18 Nov 2010, 21:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: List of documents I need - want to double check
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3588
Re: List of documents I need - want to double check
Because I am dealing with 3 different countries, and I am dealing with New York, I rather have extra stuff than not have sufficient stuff. Thanks for your help.
- 18 Nov 2010, 19:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: List of documents I need - want to double check
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3588
List of documents I need - want to double check
Hi everybody, so I am going with the GGF-GM-F-Me line and I am also dealing with 3 countries but I had a few questions to make sure I am getting all the paperwork I actually do need. I will also be applying through New York which I have heard crazy stories :( I am not sure what needs to be apostille ...
- 21 Jul 2010, 00:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Amend difference in Italian last name
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5195
Re: Amend difference in Italian last name
Did you have 3 visits with NYC yourself? How far apart are the visits?
- 21 Jul 2010, 00:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Amend difference in Italian last name
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5195
Re: Amend difference in Italian last name
what have you heard about Philadelphia? Anything? I just moved back to NY so I haven't really changed my ID, etc. I still have a NC ID - and that pertains to Philadelphia.
- 20 Jul 2010, 23:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Amend difference in Italian last name
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5195
Re: Amend difference in Italian last name
I want to make sure I have everything covered and just get it with one visit to the NYC embassy. I think the fact that I am going to get it rectified and certified in the Italian Embassy in Peru might be helpful but we'll see. My appointment is not until next April.
- 20 Jul 2010, 06:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Amend difference in Italian last name
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5195
Re: Amend difference in Italian last name
I will be going through the New York City system - I am getting all the paperwork rectified in Peru as well and getting it certified by the Italian Embassy there in Peru before my appointment here in NYC. I am also going to get an affidavit. From what I heard in NYC - like you said everything ...
- 20 Jul 2010, 02:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Amend difference in Italian last name
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5195
Re: Amend difference in Italian last name
Funny I thought I replied to this hours ago.
Basically wondering if I could just get an affidavit/or ammendment saying that the discrepancy between Bertolami and Bertolame was a mistake. Since everybody besides my great grandfather has Bertolame instead of Bertolami - and stating that it was a ...
Basically wondering if I could just get an affidavit/or ammendment saying that the discrepancy between Bertolami and Bertolame was a mistake. Since everybody besides my great grandfather has Bertolame instead of Bertolami - and stating that it was a ...
- 19 Jul 2010, 20:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Amend difference in Italian last name
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5195
Amend difference in Italian last name
I know certain places have become less forgiving for small discrepancies. My GGF's last name was Bertolami - but somehow it was either written wrong on my grandmother's BC as Bertolame. I know that I can ammend that but how would I go about doing this?
I would also have to ammend my father's birth ...
I would also have to ammend my father's birth ...
- 19 Jul 2010, 13:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: NYC Embassy - Paperwork needed (dealing with 3 countries)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2026
Re: NYC Embassy - Paperwork needed (dealing with 3 countries
Yes, I am planning on getting all of that paperwork. Somebody from either this forum or another one gave me some great information as they were dealing with Peruvian/UK and Italy and they gave me all the relevant information about how to go about getting the paperwork in Peru. Pretty much I have to ...