Do you know anything more about Doris Rittenhouse? Siblings? Parents?
I found only a few likely candidates at Ancestry . com, the earliest born in 1917 (resident in California in 1930, another in Georgia, and a third in Arizona) which would make a 1930-ish marriage unlikely.
Anyway, if we can ...
Search found 17 matches
- 07 Apr 2010, 21:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding marriage record
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6483
- 04 Apr 2010, 02:22
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with marriage certifcate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4364
Re: Help with marriage certifcate
Thanks everyone. I still have not found any record, so I guess my question now is if they were never married, how does this affect my quest to gain dual citizenship? What should my next steps be?
- 29 Mar 2010, 00:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with marriage certifcate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4364
Help with marriage certifcate
Hi! I posted this in another topic, but was hoping maybe someone here might be able to help :)
Hello! Coming here for a little help if people are able to. I am looking for a marriage record for my great-grandfather and my grandfather's mother so that I can find out what state to request the ...
Hello! Coming here for a little help if people are able to. I am looking for a marriage record for my great-grandfather and my grandfather's mother so that I can find out what state to request the ...
- 25 Mar 2010, 19:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth and marriage records from Calabria
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7308
Re: Birth and marriage records from Calabria
If you have dates to go with names and location, it should be easy peasy. Use the site that Tessa78 posted, create your letters and either fax or mail them off! I sent my request (birth certs and marriage cert) to the Ufficio di Stato Civile using the name of the Comune and got my documents about 5 ...
- 24 Mar 2010, 19:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding marriage record
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6483
Re: Help finding marriage record
Have you figured out which of the many Ben* Ruffolo's on Ancestry is your great-grandfather? What was his year of birth? Where was he living during the 1930/1920/???? censuses?
Sorry, I should have included more info in my original post. Bennie V. Ruffalo, born Dec 1911 in Kenosha, WI and died ...
Sorry, I should have included more info in my original post. Bennie V. Ruffalo, born Dec 1911 in Kenosha, WI and died ...
- 24 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding marriage record
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6483
Re: Help finding marriage record
As a quick help, Ruffalo is not a valid Italian surname (well, it does not appear in modern Italy) whereas Ruffolo is somewhat common.
Yep, I've looked under Ruffolo and her maiden name as well and didn't find anything. I know that he was still living at home during the 1930 census but my ...
Yep, I've looked under Ruffolo and her maiden name as well and didn't find anything. I know that he was still living at home during the 1930 census but my ...
- 24 Mar 2010, 18:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Relatives of Salvatore Ruffalo
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7115
Re: Looking for Relatives of Salvatore Ruffalo
No, I have not seen this. There are many Ruffalo's in Kenosha. I may have found Salvatore in the state archives of cosensza, but the last name was spelled O-L-O. If it is the same person, not sure when or how the name got changed.
More than likely that is him. Somehow most of the RuffOlo's that ...
More than likely that is him. Somehow most of the RuffOlo's that ...
- 24 Mar 2010, 18:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding marriage record
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6483
Help finding marriage record
Hello! Coming here for a little help if people are able to. I am looking for a marriage record for my great-grandfather and my grandfather's mother so that I can find out what state to request the certificate from. I have access to Ancestry and have been searching every which way I know how. I am ...
- 12 Dec 2009, 00:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Unsure of next step for Nat records
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5432
Re: Unsure of next step for Nat records
Thank you so much! I figured it was as easy as that, but just wanted to ask 
- 09 Dec 2009, 02:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Unsure of next step for Nat records
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5432
Unsure of next step for Nat records
Ok, so I've discovered that it looks as though my gggrandfather submitted a declaration of intention to naturalize back in 1919 but there is no record that he actually went through with it. So my question is where do I go from here?
The petition was filed in a Circuit Court which means I can't ...
The petition was filed in a Circuit Court which means I can't ...
- 18 Nov 2009, 15:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Differences in name = big problem?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6826
Re: Differences in name = big problem?
Thank you all for your advice! I actually was able to get an email address for the dual citizenship department and they sent me an email back saying it wasn't a big deal. Fingers crossed that they'll still feel that way when I go to my appointment
- 04 Nov 2009, 19:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Differences in name = big problem?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6826
Re: Differences in name = big problem?
Thanks Peter, but that is actually what I am trying to avoid. I would hate to go through all of the work and money it will take to get all the documents gathered just for them to tell me that I have to change the name on the Italian documents (which would seem like an impossible task) or to change ...
- 04 Nov 2009, 15:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Differences in name = big problem?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6826
Re: Differences in name = big problem?
Johnny, thank you for that link, that is pretty interesting and a little reassuring that there may not be a big problem.
I will be working with the Los Angeles consulate. I would try to call and ask, but whenever I have in the past, it has been a gentleman, although very nice, I am not sure he ...
I will be working with the Los Angeles consulate. I would try to call and ask, but whenever I have in the past, it has been a gentleman, although very nice, I am not sure he ...
- 04 Nov 2009, 01:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Differences in name = big problem?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6826
Differences in name = big problem?
Hello all! I have recently sent a letter to Italy requesting documents regarding my gggrandfather, but I am a bit concerned about something and was hoping that people might be able to share what their experiences have been.
Basically, my gggrandfather's family surname in Italy was Ruff o lo but ...
Basically, my gggrandfather's family surname in Italy was Ruff o lo but ...
- 28 Oct 2009, 02:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trouble finding marriage record and more...
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7995
Re: Trouble finding marriage record and more...
Thank you so much suanj for the recommendation on marriage date. You all are great!