Hi:
Thanks for quick response. My paternal greatgrandfather came to US in 1885. My grandfather was born in 1890. So what you are saying is that if my GGF became a citizen before my GF was born, then the chain is broken.
However, if my GGF was not a US citizen before birth, then my claim is based ...
Search found 2 matches
- 02 Nov 2009, 20:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: italian citizenship and geneaology service
- Replies: 12
- Views: 9134
- 02 Nov 2009, 19:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: italian citizenship and geneaology service
- Replies: 12
- Views: 9134
Re: italian citizenship and geneaology service
Hi:
I am confused. My paternal greatgrandfather was born in Italy and came to the US in 1885.
Am I am to claim Italian citizenship based on this alone or is claim void if he became a US citizen.
thanks
julie
I am confused. My paternal greatgrandfather was born in Italy and came to the US in 1885.
Am I am to claim Italian citizenship based on this alone or is claim void if he became a US citizen.
thanks
julie