Search found 16 matches

by blackZ06
28 Dec 2010, 20:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can not find records
Replies: 24
Views: 14523

Re: Can not find records

Hi,
Very interesting facts.

My father is the son of, Guiseppi De Caro and Maria Fiducia.

He met my mother in New york.

He was brother to, Marie Cortemiglia, Conettina Lionetti, Joseph, Thomas and Charlie De Caro.

He was born in Palermo, Italy on June 24, 1889, and past away on June 24, 1951 ...
by blackZ06
23 Nov 2009, 22:25
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Corleone
Replies: 15
Views: 12149

Re: Corleone

Hi,

Will do.

TY
by blackZ06
23 Nov 2009, 21:58
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Corleone
Replies: 15
Views: 12149

Re: Corleone

Thank you everyone. The problem is, I'm not 100% sure how to spell my own last name. Over the years, I've seen it spelled, "De Caro and Dicar". Would this help? My grandmother's name was; Maria Fiducia, and my grandfather's name was; Guiseppi De Caro or Dicar. Even in the obituaries from the news ...
by blackZ06
21 Nov 2009, 23:57
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Corleone
Replies: 15
Views: 12149

Re: Corleone- It's too much.

Hi Peter,
First of all, thank you for your help. I have found 75 De Caro's in Palermo, none in Corleone. It was starting to be fun, but now it's overwelming. I would like to know where my father and grandfather lived and in what house and if I have any relatives there. I would like to see where my ...
by blackZ06
16 Nov 2009, 00:04
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Corleone
Replies: 15
Views: 12149

Re: Corleone

:D Hi, Thanks for the informantion. I've been looking at the various links, and found 75 De Caro's in Palermo, but nothing in Corleone. I'm going to keep looking for more. Now that I've found all those De Caro's, I have to figure out how to communicate, since I've forgotton my Italian. This is ...
by blackZ06
14 Nov 2009, 17:55
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Corleone
Replies: 15
Views: 12149

Corleone

I know my fathers last residence in Italy, was Corleone, and I'm pretty sure he was born there. Is it possible to get information from that city? If so, who do I contact?
by blackZ06
13 Nov 2009, 18:47
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can not find records
Replies: 24
Views: 14523

Re: Can not find records

WOW! You guys are amazing. Thank you for all that you are doing for me. :D
How do I find out about his family in Corleone, is it possible?
Thanks, Vince
by blackZ06
12 Nov 2009, 18:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can not find records
Replies: 24
Views: 14523

Re: Can not find records

It's interesting that my father may have been from Corleone and not Palermo. I know Palermo is where the ship left from. I think the language difference may have contributed to misunderstanding and mistakes may on some of the documents my father singed when he arrived here in the US.

As to where ...
by blackZ06
10 Nov 2009, 23:46
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can not find records
Replies: 24
Views: 14523

Re: Can not find records

I'm trying to send a picture.
by blackZ06
10 Nov 2009, 19:20
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can not find records
Replies: 24
Views: 14523

Re: Can not find records

Thanks for the links, Valarie. I'll try them after lunch. I'm hungry, so I'll log off for now.
Thank you very much, Vince
by blackZ06
10 Nov 2009, 19:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can not find records
Replies: 24
Views: 14523

Re: Can not find records

Sorry, I'm still learning how to use this forum.
by blackZ06
10 Nov 2009, 19:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can not find records
Replies: 24
Views: 14523

Re: Can not find records

Hi Valarie,
Here is a copy of my fathers Alien Registration.
by blackZ06
10 Nov 2009, 18:35
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can not find records
Replies: 24
Views: 14523

Re: Can not find records

I'll have to ask my sister on that one. She's older, and may remember more details. I know he was married before he met my mother, and he had other children.

Thank you, Vince
by blackZ06
10 Nov 2009, 18:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can not find records
Replies: 24
Views: 14523

Re: Can not find records

Thank you for your reply. The information I have is:

Nickola De Caro -----possibly spelled Dicar
Born; June 24, 1889
Born in Palermo
Fathers name; Guiseppi De Caro
Mothers name; Maria Fiducia
Alien registration #2438706
Sisters; Marie Cortemiglia, Conettina Lionetti
Brothers; Thomas, Joseph ...
by blackZ06
10 Nov 2009, 17:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family records
Replies: 1
Views: 2387

Family records

Looking for records for De Caro, Nickola born 1889 in Palermo