Search found 7 matches

by kramella
07 Dec 2009, 15:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Matera Family
Replies: 2
Views: 2825

Re: Matera Family

Thank you Laura!
Karen
by kramella
07 Dec 2009, 01:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Matera Family
Replies: 2
Views: 2825

Matera Family

I have the name of my great grandfather, Michael Matera born in Italy in 1867 my great grandmother, Carmella Matera born in Italy in 1876. Also the names of paternal great-great grandparents, Rocco Matera and Carmella Dindia, both born in Italy. I am trying to find their town of origin. I know that ...
by kramella
03 Dec 2009, 13:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Matera Famil
Replies: 12
Views: 7496

Re: Matera Famil

Thanks Laura! Any idea what town Michael came from? I have seen the ship manifest for Carmella and Antonette (my Great Grandma and Great Aunt) which says they where from San Chirico Nuovo. All the info I find on Michael and his parents says "Italy" but no town...
Thank you,
Karen
by kramella
02 Dec 2009, 16:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Matera Famil
Replies: 12
Views: 7496

Re: Matera Famil

Suanj,
Are you related to this Michael Matera? And if so, how?
Karen
by kramella
02 Dec 2009, 16:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Matera Famil
Replies: 12
Views: 7496

Re: Matera Famil

Thank you all! Yes, this is my family! I am very excited to receive the names of Michael's mother and father!

Karen
by kramella
02 Dec 2009, 02:36
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need advice
Replies: 2
Views: 3649

Need advice

When I began my ancestor search, my father told me that his father (who died before I was born) was his adoptive father. All he knew about his biological father was his name and where he lived in 1930. I have learned that his father married and had a family, and passed away in 1971. The three ...
by kramella
02 Dec 2009, 02:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Matera Famil
Replies: 12
Views: 7496

Matera Famil

I am looking for Michael Matera b. 1867 d. 1943 came to NY in 1896, and his wife Carmella b. 1876 d, 1960. I believe that they came from San Chirico Nuovo. They are my great-grandparents.