Search found 15 matches

by lnyhuis
23 Sep 2010, 22:28
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ship Record
Replies: 6
Views: 3433

Re: Ship Record

That would be her maiden name. I believe women, even today, go by their maiden name in Sicily (Italy). So he must have died before 1907 and she came alone. It's possible :o
by lnyhuis
25 Aug 2010, 22:47
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Name Change
Replies: 4
Views: 2968

Re: Name Change

It could be either way. I'm not sure. He said he arrived in New Orleans in 1899. He was married in Morgan City, LA in 1905 so its clear that he was in the states at that time. I have no idea of the ship. Could never locate him
by lnyhuis
05 Aug 2010, 21:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

I have no idea. What you found is very interesting. I believe my great grandfather did live in Patterson for a short time.
by lnyhuis
05 Aug 2010, 20:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

No, as far as what I was told Leoluca La Rizza came with his brother Guiseppe (Joseph). The family had no information on Joseph. I had a copy of the 1910 census and from there they moved to California. Leoluca Cutrone and the other Leoluca are two different people. However, they would have been ...
by lnyhuis
05 Aug 2010, 20:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

The passport application for Leoluca Cutrone was for the uncle of Lucia Cutrone. It is not the same man as Leoluca La Rizza (Rizzo). Leoluca and Lucia were married in Morgan City in 1905. Every document that I have states that he arrived in New Orleans in 1899. that could be incorrect but it ...
by lnyhuis
05 Aug 2010, 00:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

don't you think he would be on a passenger list of arrivals in New Orleans? That is what I have not been able to locate. Maybe the records have been destroyed
by lnyhuis
05 Aug 2010, 00:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

Leoluca and Lucia were married in Morgan city, LA in 1905. so it could not be this person who arrived in 1906
by lnyhuis
04 Aug 2010, 14:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

No, I didn't get that. Only the naturaliztion application
by lnyhuis
04 Aug 2010, 13:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

I got his naturalization papers from the National Archives. Lucia came with her family when she was a child.
by lnyhuis
04 Aug 2010, 05:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

Is there a way I can email you the naturalization papers to assist you
by lnyhuis
26 Jul 2010, 02:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

I could email you his naturalization papers if that is possible
by lnyhuis
26 Jul 2010, 02:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

Yes, you have the right person in Tessa 78. That is my grandmother and her husband. Now finding the arrival form is where it's difficutl.
by lnyhuis
25 Jul 2010, 22:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

Leoluca married Lucia Cutrone in Morgan City on July 22, 1905. That's one way I knew the person was not the same one. He states on his naturalization papers that he arrived on October 25, 1899 to New Orleans. I have recently learned that the original name was Leoluca La Rizza and apparently was ...
by lnyhuis
25 Jul 2010, 20:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

That is the wrong person. He said he arrived in New Orleans and this man landed in New York. Leoluca said he arrived 1899
by lnyhuis
25 Jul 2010, 19:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Orleans passenger arrival
Replies: 36
Views: 17751

New Orleans passenger arrival

I am trying to locate the arrival on October 25, 1899 in New Orleans. Looking for Leoluca La Rizza who was changed to Rizzo. Can you help me