Search found 5 matches

by pwwinters
26 Jan 2010, 17:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: passenger list ss canopic
Replies: 15
Views: 23364

Re: passenger list ss canopic

I have another question on my grandfather's side. Family is from Tricarico and I can't figure out his mother's name. Filomena (Magnolo, Maguolo, Magnola). Do any of these names seem right for that area? She never immigrated so no official documents outside of the son writing her name on his marriage ...
by pwwinters
26 Jan 2010, 17:01
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: passenger list ss canopic
Replies: 15
Views: 23364

Re: passenger list ss canopic

you guys are the best!!! Thanks so much. Can anyone decifer the last of the children's names?
by pwwinters
26 Jan 2010, 16:45
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: passenger list ss canopic
Replies: 15
Views: 23364

Re: passenger list ss canopic

that could be my problem! But now the bigger problem is that I can't decifer Giovanna's maiden name. The only time I saw it was on Lucia's marriage certificate (NYC) to Fioravante Casella, 4 Feb 1912. Appears to be something like Scasso or perhaps it starts with a "T", appears to be about 5-6 ...
by pwwinters
26 Jan 2010, 15:48
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: passenger list ss canopic
Replies: 15
Views: 23364

passenger list ss canopic

I am getting nowhere in finding my grandmother's name on the ship she stated she traveled on in her naturalization papers. Any help anyone can give me would be so appreciated.
Lucia Grimaldi, b. 18 Jan 1892 (date varies by a day or two, but not the year) in San Severino, Italy, immigrated on 2 Oct ...