Your dad may have worked with my father! Isn't this such a small world! Unfortunately both of my parents are deceased - so there's no way to check.
Thank you so much for sharing your memories! Maybe one day I'll get back to Hazleton to do a little in-person research on my ancestors.
Search found 8 matches
- 02 Apr 2010, 14:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Genetti Family
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15101
- 30 Mar 2010, 18:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Genetti Family
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15101
Re: Genetti Family
Thank you! What wonderful memories. Do you know what years your father worked at Genetti's?
My father was there during the mid-50s to the early 60s. I was born in 1957, so I remember very little of this time. We lived on Laurel St. in West Hazleton. Did you ever visit the Tyrolean Room? My great ...
My father was there during the mid-50s to the early 60s. I was born in 1957, so I remember very little of this time. We lived on Laurel St. in West Hazleton. Did you ever visit the Tyrolean Room? My great ...
- 29 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Genetti Family
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15101
Re: Genetti Family
Here's a cool but rather useless fact. I am from the Hazleton area and many moons ago my Dad was an Assistant Manager at a Genetti's supermarket.
Dima - I was also born in Hazleton. My father was Joseph Genetti (one of Damiano's grandsons). My mother was Elsie Voth (daughter of a coal miner!). My ...
Dima - I was also born in Hazleton. My father was Joseph Genetti (one of Damiano's grandsons). My mother was Elsie Voth (daughter of a coal miner!). My ...
- 29 Mar 2010, 13:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Genetti Family
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15101
Re: Genetti Family
Don't know if you already have this:
from Ancestry.com:
U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925
about Damiano Genetti
Name: Damiano Genetti
Birth Date: 27 Oct 1857
Birth Place: Trenton (Tyrol), Austria
Residence: Hoyleton, Penna
Passport Issue Date: 28 Mar 1922
Father Name: Leon Genetti ...
from Ancestry.com:
U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925
about Damiano Genetti
Name: Damiano Genetti
Birth Date: 27 Oct 1857
Birth Place: Trenton (Tyrol), Austria
Residence: Hoyleton, Penna
Passport Issue Date: 28 Mar 1922
Father Name: Leon Genetti ...
- 29 Mar 2010, 02:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Genetti Family
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15101
Re: Genetti Family
Yes, your're right. Another day - more investigative work to do. Thanks again! I will write when I find more information.
- 29 Mar 2010, 01:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Genetti Family
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15101
Re: Genetti Family
This opens up a lot more questions! Thank you so much for your diligence in finding this informaiton. I'll need to do more digging to make sence of it. I do remember my father telling me that my family came to Pennsylvania then went back to the Tyrol before returning to finally settle in the US ...
- 28 Mar 2010, 22:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Genetti Family
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15101
Re: Genetti Family
Wow - I'm really confused. Yes my great-grand mother was Oliva Zambotti, but I have a different birthday and death for Damiano: birth Oct. 27 1857, death - 1944. The children you have listed are somewhat the same, but Damiano and Raffaele came to the US in 1878 and I thought all of their children ...
- 28 Mar 2010, 20:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Genetti Family
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15101
Genetti Family
I am searching for information on my great-grandfather Damiano Genetti and his ancestors. He was born in 1857 in Castelfondo, Trentino and immigrated with his brother Raffaele Genetti to the US in 1878. Any background to their parents, etc. would be helpful.