Sorry, but there is no apparent connection I can see at this time. The main family I was researching was Francesco Gratobene with a sister Rosa. Rosa married Antonio Calabrese (b Lioni-16 Nov 1886) in NJ, USA.
Antonio Calabrese's father was Angelo Calabrese b circa 1848 in Lioni, married Angela ...
Search found 47 matches
- 30 Jan 2017, 19:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8894
- 30 Dec 2013, 04:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8894
Re: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
Karen, Thank you for your post. I will keep the information on your family. When I received the obit of Angelina Calabrese Costabile from Suanj I made numerous efforts to contact the family without any success. The funeral home forwarded a letter to the family for me but wouldn't give me any address ...
- 13 Jul 2013, 16:36
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
- Replies: 45
- Views: 50081
Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
Hi Jimmy. I used the following address to send a request for records:
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via F. DiDonato 16
84020 Castelnuovo di Conza, SA
Italy
I wrote a request for a record and never received a reply so several months later I sent another letter and never received a reply. It turned out ...
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via F. DiDonato 16
84020 Castelnuovo di Conza, SA
Italy
I wrote a request for a record and never received a reply so several months later I sent another letter and never received a reply. It turned out ...
- 25 Jun 2013, 02:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian immigration from South America to USA
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3145
Re: Italian immigration from South America to USA
Going by Train. That is a good thought. You got me interested and I looked at Argentina and Brazil on Wikipedia. That must have been some ride in those days. The Argentina listing showed connections between adjacent countries in modern times I assume. But the interesting part of the articles for me ...
- 23 Jun 2013, 04:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian immigration from South America to USA
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3145
Re: Italian immigration from South America to USA
Could he have sailed from Argentina to Brazil to pick up a ship to New York? Are there any records available for you to check this out? If he did sail up to Brazil you have a tough job researching because you don't know when he sailed. Or is it possible that ship started in Argentina, stopped in ...
- 09 Jun 2013, 17:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8894
Re: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
Sandra,
thank you for your reply. At this point I don't see a connection but I will keep a record of the information you listed. Antonio Calabrese came from Lioni, Italy. His wife Rosa Gratobene also came from Lioni. I haven't come across any names in my research that connect with the names you ...
thank you for your reply. At this point I don't see a connection but I will keep a record of the information you listed. Antonio Calabrese came from Lioni, Italy. His wife Rosa Gratobene also came from Lioni. I haven't come across any names in my research that connect with the names you ...
- 09 Jun 2013, 17:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8894
Re: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
Hi Suanj,
Last night I started to prepare a letter I intend to mail to Calabrese people mentioned in the obit in NJ. This is a good suggestion you made. I have done it before but forgot about it. Otherwise I think we have done as much as we can for now. Family members always thought that his wife ...
Last night I started to prepare a letter I intend to mail to Calabrese people mentioned in the obit in NJ. This is a good suggestion you made. I have done it before but forgot about it. Otherwise I think we have done as much as we can for now. Family members always thought that his wife ...
- 09 Jun 2013, 02:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8894
Re: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
Good idea suanj I didn't think of doing that. Years ago when I first started on my family I connected with descendants of a sister of my great-grandfather. They sent me a picture of my Father and three of his siblings when my Dad was abt 10 years old.
I'll let you know what I learn.
Jack
I'll let you know what I learn.
Jack
- 08 Jun 2013, 20:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8894
Re: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
Suanj, thank you for the obituary. It certainly contains a lot of family information and helps fill out the family as I know it. I appreciate your help. I have gathered the genealogy we have researched on Frank Gratobene and I am printing it out for the family. I haven't found any solid connection ...
- 25 May 2013, 20:34
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
- Replies: 45
- Views: 50081
Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
Suanj and Caren,
I have not received notifications of your posts after I replied on 21 May to Caren's post so I have some catching up to do and I will look over the information you posted and get back to you soon. In the mean time I am going to check my personal information and try and find out why ...
I have not received notifications of your posts after I replied on 21 May to Caren's post so I have some catching up to do and I will look over the information you posted and get back to you soon. In the mean time I am going to check my personal information and try and find out why ...
- 22 May 2013, 03:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
- Replies: 45
- Views: 50081
Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
Caren, Thanks very much for the information however my connection to Sibilia proved wrong. I was researching a man named Frank/Francesco but the surname was uncertain. The marriage record for him showed Frank Siballo. That name goes nowhere. To add to the problem after he had 6 children he left his ...
- 09 Apr 2013, 23:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vito and Cecilia Bagarozza
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2087
Re: Vito and Cecilia Bagarozza
Sean, I have found out some information since your last post in Oct 2012. As I stated previously a Frank Bagarozza married in Newark NJ in 1918 a sister from the family I worked on, Josephine Colonna. Recently a relative told me that he had a brother in Australia but that is all she knows. She said ...
- 16 Mar 2013, 20:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8894
Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
Looking for anybody that is interested in any of the following people:
Felice Fortunato Gratobene born 1847 in Lioni, Avellino to Rosa Cavallo, father unknown.
No Parents names are known for Rosa Cavallo born circa 1800-1810.
Court assigned the surname Gratobene to Felice Fortunato.
He married ...
Felice Fortunato Gratobene born 1847 in Lioni, Avellino to Rosa Cavallo, father unknown.
No Parents names are known for Rosa Cavallo born circa 1800-1810.
Court assigned the surname Gratobene to Felice Fortunato.
He married ...
- 30 Sep 2012, 03:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vito and Cecilia Bagarozza
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2087
Re: Vito and Cecilia Bagarozza
Sean, your post is very interesting to me. I have information on the Bagharozza family that might be connected to yours. This is the first time I have been on this site in over a week so I didn't read the post until today.
I have been researching a family in Castelnuovo di Conza for over a year. A ...
I have been researching a family in Castelnuovo di Conza for over a year. A ...
- 03 May 2012, 18:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colonna and Ricci families in New Jersey
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1537
Re: Colonna and Ricci families in New Jersey
Laura, Thanks for looking up the two births for me. I also found them on familysearch. I sent to the New Jersey State Archives for a copy of both records. An interesting thing happened when the two records came to me.
1. the child born 2 May 1894 on their record was born 2 May 1895. The record didn ...
1. the child born 2 May 1894 on their record was born 2 May 1895. The record didn ...