Oh, my God! I knew 'Faoro' was a common name in Belluno, but being distantly related to a mayor is darn pretty cool.
Looking at the handwriting on the Manifest, the person's capital, script 'A' looks sort of like an 'O' . What is clearly, 'Belluno' , in script could have been transcribed as ...
Search found 6 matches
- 14 Apr 2010, 19:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sebastiano Faoro
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5756
- 14 Apr 2010, 16:41
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Orse Bellisno
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3220
Re: Orse Bellisno
I suspected 'Orse Bellisno' was a spelling/transcription error. Thank you for your confirmation.
- 14 Apr 2010, 16:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sebastiano Faoro
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5756
Re: Sebastiano Faoro
Again this looks like my guy! I can't thank you enough. Yes, My family lived in Williamson County Illinois, were indeed coal miners. My Sebastiano had blue eyes, light brown hair!
By the time I knew Pop, he was functionally illiterate, but this might have been his signature in 1917. Again thank ...
By the time I knew Pop, he was functionally illiterate, but this might have been his signature in 1917. Again thank ...
- 14 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sebastiano Faoro
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5756
Re: Sebastiano Faoro
Hello and thank you!
No I don't have the manifest, but I do have the passenger record for Sebastiano. as near as I can tell, this is the only Sebastiano to come through Ellis Island, on La Savoie, between 1900 and1908. I know that his destination was Spring Valley, Illinois. So this seems like my ...
No I don't have the manifest, but I do have the passenger record for Sebastiano. as near as I can tell, this is the only Sebastiano to come through Ellis Island, on La Savoie, between 1900 and1908. I know that his destination was Spring Valley, Illinois. So this seems like my ...
- 13 Apr 2010, 19:17
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Orse Bellisno
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3220
Orse Bellisno
My grandfather's passenger record from La Savoie, 29 Oct 1914 list's his hometown as Orse Bellisno, his oral history says he came from Arsie, Belluno. Is this the same place? If not where is Orse, Bellilsno?
Thank you
Thank you
- 13 Apr 2010, 18:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sebastiano Faoro
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5756
Sebastiano Faoro
My Italian surname is Faoro, and my grandfather was Sebastiano Faoro from Arsie Belluno, although on some records it is listed as 'Orse Bellisno'.
Sebastiano was born March 10, 1887 to Sebastiano Faoro and Angelina Gobbio. Their other children were:
Antonio
Abel
Josephine
Maria
Elilzabeth
Antonio ...
Sebastiano was born March 10, 1887 to Sebastiano Faoro and Angelina Gobbio. Their other children were:
Antonio
Abel
Josephine
Maria
Elilzabeth
Antonio ...