My new family tree has the following connected (mostly Italian ?) family names that might be of interest to other Ticino researchers (I suspect a couple might be SWISS or GERMAN)
BERNASCONI, FERRARI, MOMBELLI, ZEPPI (CEPPI), MASPOLI, DURINI, RUSCONI, FOLETTI, BARRACHI, PINILLOS, INGOLD, BERTRAND ...
Search found 11 matches
- 20 Apr 2011, 18:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: BERNASCONI surname
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12498
- 14 Apr 2011, 20:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: BERNASCONI surname
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12498
Re: BERNASCONI surname
Further note to my recent post - Antonio Maria BERNASONI's grandparents (Domenico's parents) appear to be Carlo Andrea BERNASCONI, and Giuseppa ZEPPI (possibly also from Ronago, Italy), and Francesco FERRARI & Rosali CROCI.
I would also appreciate any information on these couples or the FERRARI ...
I would also appreciate any information on these couples or the FERRARI ...
- 14 Apr 2011, 19:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: BERNASCONI surname
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12498
Re: BERNASCONI surname
I have been able to confirm, from the Archive office in Bellinzona, of the information below, although there is no guarantee that it is "my" Antonio Bernasconi, as there are lots of Antonio Bernasconi's !.
In the absence of any contradicting evidence, I will go with this one, until proven otherwise ...
In the absence of any contradicting evidence, I will go with this one, until proven otherwise ...
- 22 Apr 2010, 04:09
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Looking for a commune, village or town named Sovetreilan (?)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3682
Re: Looking for a commune, village or town named Sovetreilan
I have determined that on the UK census records, "Switzerland" has been mis-interpreted as "Soveltrain" - part of mystery solved.
- 22 Apr 2010, 04:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: BERNASCONI surname
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12498
Re: BERNASCONI surname
Further note - Maria Cattarina FERRARI possibly died in 1841 ?.
- 19 Apr 2010, 05:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: BERNASCONI surname
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12498
Re: BERNASCONI surname
Have found that "Switzerland" on UK census records, has been mis-interpreted as "Soveltrein" - part of the mystery solved.
Still need to identify WHERE in Ticino Antonio and his family lived.
Still need to identify WHERE in Ticino Antonio and his family lived.
- 19 Apr 2010, 05:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: BERNASCONI surname
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12498
Re: BERNASCONI surname
Thanks, suanj, I will follow this up.

- 19 Apr 2010, 01:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: BERNASCONI surname
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12498
Re: BERNASCONI surname
I have NO information on Antoni, other than his name,
possible year and area of birth - Ticino, Switzerland (?) - which I believe was part of Italy until 1803 (?)
What village or commune were Giovanni & Giuseppa living in ?
possible year and area of birth - Ticino, Switzerland (?) - which I believe was part of Italy until 1803 (?)
What village or commune were Giovanni & Giuseppa living in ?
- 18 Apr 2010, 22:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: BERNASCONI surname
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12498
BERNASCONI surname
Looking for any information on an Antoni BERNACONI, born circa 1801,
in northern Italy (or southern Switzerland ?).
Emmigrated to England and married Harriet THORN in Wanstrow, Somerset, UK, circa 1837.
Any info appreciated.
in northern Italy (or southern Switzerland ?).
Emmigrated to England and married Harriet THORN in Wanstrow, Somerset, UK, circa 1837.
Any info appreciated.
- 18 Apr 2010, 05:14
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Looking for a commune, village or town named Sovetreilan (?)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3682
Re: Looking for a commune, village or town named Sovetreilan
I don't have a copy of the document (as yet).
Info came from a cousin in England where the marriage
and subsequent census records were generated.
Original info was that he was from "Ticino" in Switzerland.
I have not been able to find any place with that name (or similar).
Info came from a cousin in England where the marriage
and subsequent census records were generated.
Original info was that he was from "Ticino" in Switzerland.
I have not been able to find any place with that name (or similar).
- 18 Apr 2010, 04:48
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Looking for a commune, village or town named Sovetreilan (?)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3682
Looking for a commune, village or town named Sovetreilan (?)
Looking for a village, town or commune in the Lombardia, or Trento areas
of northern Italy with the name of "Soveltreilan" or similar.
Could be in a canton called "Tiano". or could possibly be in Ticino area of Switzerland.
Any info would be appreciated.
of northern Italy with the name of "Soveltreilan" or similar.
Could be in a canton called "Tiano". or could possibly be in Ticino area of Switzerland.
Any info would be appreciated.