is there any way to research the names to see if nobility was attached to them or if a member of the mafia.
Thank-you
Search found 6 matches
- 06 Aug 2010, 21:38
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: clans
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7588
- 06 Aug 2010, 20:41
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: clans
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7588
Re: clans
Thank you for your quick responce. I think that she meant the Senese family had power and influence. It was once stated that they fought for the local "king". That if you look far enough back you will find that there are some nobles. This is do to there power and influence.
Thank-you
Thank-you
- 06 Aug 2010, 00:11
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: clans
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7588
clans
Have you heard of towns that were controlles by families . I have heard that the Senese family cotrolled some towns.
My grandmother was a Senese and came from Afragola. I heard that alot of towns were city states and were run by families. If possible how can this be traced back.
Thank-you
My grandmother was a Senese and came from Afragola. I heard that alot of towns were city states and were run by families. If possible how can this be traced back.
Thank-you
- 25 Jun 2010, 16:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: senese from afragola
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3211
Re: senese from afragola
Hello,
After the information that I wasgiven I questioned my uncle again. The only thing that he remembers is that he thinks that his grandmothers name was either Elizabetta or Concetta. He was right in that his mother came over for the first time in 1922. If there is any way to research the ...
After the information that I wasgiven I questioned my uncle again. The only thing that he remembers is that he thinks that his grandmothers name was either Elizabetta or Concetta. He was right in that his mother came over for the first time in 1922. If there is any way to research the ...
- 24 Jun 2010, 02:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: senese from afragola
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3211
Re: senese from afragola
that is the manifest i have questions about. i believe this to be my grandmother however my uncle says otherwise. there is also a manifest from 1922 with teresa being teresa fioti. that one is verified but i cannot verify the one from 1913. is there any other way of being able to prove this to be ...
- 24 Jun 2010, 01:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: senese from afragola
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3211
senese from afragola
hello,
I'm looking for information regarding my grandmother. She was born Teresa Senese in Afragola about 1900. She came to the United States in 1922 with my grandfather Pietro Fioti. They came on the ship Aquitania to Ellis Island. I suspect that she arrived earlier than 1922 from some documents ...
I'm looking for information regarding my grandmother. She was born Teresa Senese in Afragola about 1900. She came to the United States in 1922 with my grandfather Pietro Fioti. They came on the ship Aquitania to Ellis Island. I suspect that she arrived earlier than 1922 from some documents ...