Search found 15 matches

by capeto2
15 Nov 2019, 22:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family
Replies: 17
Views: 10024

Re: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family

I'm not sure that this is the same same family?? The Fedele that is in my family tree was born in 1866. I have not done any research in Italian records myself, but I was given information by another family member and she had Fedele's parents as Carmen Dismona and Lorenzo Cappetta. I'm not sure how ...
by capeto2
07 Oct 2012, 21:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family
Replies: 17
Views: 10024

Re: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family

To be honest, I have been doing this for a couple years and don't know too much about anything that happened before coming to the US. I have a distant cousin that does research as well and she only got back to the generation that would have been born around 1845. I don't have any of those names in ...
by capeto2
26 Sep 2012, 01:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family
Replies: 17
Views: 10024

Re: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family

Sorry if this ends up on here twice....I am still researching my family. I have noticed the last name Pagano in my research. I am going to go thru my papers and see what I can put together. Michele Cappetta was my great grandfather, making Fedele my great great grandfather. I am interested to know ...
by capeto2
03 Jul 2010, 20:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Lucia Pignatiello information
Replies: 4
Views: 4026

Re: Looking for Lucia Pignatiello information

Wow, that would be great. As far as I can tell she was born around 1890. She immigrated to America in 1912. I am not positive on her death date but I believe it was in 1958. I am sure she was before his time. But I appreciate you asking. Any information is helpful. Her years before coming to America ...
by capeto2
01 Jul 2010, 23:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pignatiello/dedda
Replies: 3
Views: 2496

Pignatiello/dedda

I was wondering if anyone can help me find the connection between Lucia Pignatiello (b. 1890) and Antonio Dedda. According to the Ellis Island manifest she was coming to Chicago to meet with her Uncle Antonio Deddo and his wife. But I can't figure out what were the names of her parents. They are all ...
by capeto2
01 Jul 2010, 22:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Petrizzo family
Replies: 7
Views: 4992

Re: Petrizzo family

Thanks again for all the help! I have seen that manifest from 1907 and have had such a hard time reading it, I couldn't make out if it said Chicago or not. It's nice to have different sets of eyes reading the same things. I have had a harder time tracking this family. Even finding death certifiates ...
by capeto2
01 Jul 2010, 17:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Petrizzo family
Replies: 7
Views: 4992

Re: Petrizzo family

Yes, that is the manifest that I have. I just don't know that those are his brother's and sisters. I can assume that, but I am not sure how I would prove that. Any ideas?
by capeto2
01 Jul 2010, 17:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family
Replies: 17
Views: 10024

Re: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family

Thank you for all the information. I had previously not been able to find them on the 1930 census. Marianna Terlizzi was his second wife. His first wives name was Beatrice Vinezia. As far as I know she never came to the US and was told she died in Orsara. As for the Butler, PA, I had seen that on ...
by capeto2
01 Jul 2010, 03:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family
Replies: 17
Views: 10024

Re: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family

That was definetly him. He came in 1901 and went back after his wife died in 1911, then came back in 1912. I also think he left and came back one other time too. I have never seen his naturalization records. I know they have 5002 S Dearborn listed as the address in several resources. Thank you.
by capeto2
01 Jul 2010, 03:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Lucia Pignatiello information
Replies: 4
Views: 4026

Re: Looking for Lucia Pignatiello information

Yes, thank you, I have that already. On accident really, I believe my great great grandfather, Fedele Cappetta, who appears on line 7, was on that same boat. Ironically, maybe, that would have ended up being Lucia's father-in-law. But thank you, I appreciate the help!
by capeto2
01 Jul 2010, 02:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Petrizzo family
Replies: 7
Views: 4992

Re: Petrizzo family

I have the Ellis Island manifest from 1904, although census records say he immigrated in 1901 originally. I have 1910 and 1920 census both in Chicago. I have his death record. Listing his parents as Dominick Petrizzo and Rosa (can't read her last name unforunately.) Their kids were Dominick, Rosie ...
by capeto2
30 Jun 2010, 23:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Lucia Pignatiello information
Replies: 4
Views: 4026

Looking for Lucia Pignatiello information

I am trying to find out who my GGM's parents were. She appears on the Ellis Island Manifest in 1912. It says she left behind her parents in Orsara Di Puglia. She came to meet her Uncle Dedda in Chicago. She married Michele Cappetta once she got here. Please help!
by capeto2
30 Jun 2010, 23:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Petrizzo family
Replies: 7
Views: 4992

Petrizzo family

Looking for information on Michele Petrizzo family. Immigrated around 1901 from Sassano. He was born in 1878 and died in 1922 in Chicago. His wife was Marianna D'Amato also from Sassano. She immigrated in 1905 with two kids. They went on two have 5 more children all born in Chicago. Any help would ...
by capeto2
30 Jun 2010, 23:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family
Replies: 17
Views: 10024

Looking for information on Cappetta/Cappetto family

I am looking for any information available on my family. My GGF is Fedele Cappetta, his father was Lorenzo Cappetto. they came from Orsara Di Puglia. And settled in Chicago. Any information is great! Thanks in advance.
by capeto2
30 Jun 2010, 23:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Libretti Family - Sassano, Italy
Replies: 14
Views: 16093

Re: Libretti Family - Sassano, Italy

I was wondering if you could help me....on the Ellis Island manifest that my GGF appears on he is with a person with the last name of Femminella, Anna. They were all from Sassano and headed to Chicago. It was in 1901 that they immigrated. My family name is Petrizzo. Would love to know if there is a ...