Search found 45 matches
- 10 May 2026, 18:55
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Retiring in Italy from US
- Replies: 2
- Views: 10589
Retiring in Italy from US
I'm grateful for all the support I had at this site with receiving recognition of my Italian citizenship. Now I'm looking ahead to retiring in citizenship. I'm wondering if anyone can provide resources/tips regarding: housing (rent vs buy), married vs domestic partner (coppie di fatto ...
- 16 Sep 2014, 15:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: dual-citizen:returning from extended Italy stay to U.S.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2406
Re: dual-citizen:returning from extended Italy stay to U.S.
Thank you for your reply. One of my motivations for getting dual citizenship was to be able to go back and forth easily between the Italy (the EU) and the U.S. Again, thanks.
- 14 Sep 2014, 19:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: dual-citizen:returning from extended Italy stay to U.S.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2406
dual-citizen:returning from extended Italy stay to U.S.
I am intending to stay for several months in Italy soon. I will use my Italian passport to enter the EU. I will be traveling around the Italy and informally attending some language schools.
My question is about returning to the U.S. after eight months in Italy. Should I have any concerns about ...
My question is about returning to the U.S. after eight months in Italy. Should I have any concerns about ...
- 01 Sep 2012, 23:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Letter of recognition RECEIVED!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3108
Letter of recognition RECEIVED!
Yesterday my mother and I both received letters of recognition of our Italian citizenship! They were sent exactly five months after our San Francisco appointment via regular U.S. mail : )
We greatly appreciate all the help that we received here--
Cannoli
We greatly appreciate all the help that we received here--
Cannoli
- 16 Aug 2012, 18:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Letter of recognition of citizenship sent certified mail?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2238
Re: Letter of recognition of citizenship sent certified mail
False alarm! August 29th will be five months since my SF appointment. At my appointment I was told to expect the letter two to five months from then. Will keep you posted!
Thanks, Cannoli
Thanks, Cannoli
- 16 Aug 2012, 17:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Letter of recognition of citizenship sent certified mail?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2238
Letter of recognition of citizenship sent certified mail?
Quick question--
Is the letter of recognition of citizenship sent via certified mail? I just received a notice, but haven't had time to make it to the post office yet.
Hopeful that this is it!
Cannoli
Is the letter of recognition of citizenship sent via certified mail? I just received a notice, but haven't had time to make it to the post office yet.
Hopeful that this is it!
Cannoli
- 01 Apr 2012, 19:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: San Francisco--appointment write up
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1053
San Francisco--appointment write up
My mother and I had our appointment in San Francisco on Thursday. I claimed GGF, GF, M.
Everything went smoothly. Mr. Cei was very kind with a calming way. As he asked for documents that I thought I had in exact order he said, "It's OK, you aren't on a timer here." At the end he said that he didn't ...
Everything went smoothly. Mr. Cei was very kind with a calming way. As he asked for documents that I thought I had in exact order he said, "It's OK, you aren't on a timer here." At the end he said that he didn't ...
- 26 Mar 2012, 04:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Appointment on Thursday! Naturalization question
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1447
Re: Appointment on Thursday! Naturalization question
Thank you so much for this clarification! I am so glad to know this going into my appointment. Thanks, too, for your kind wishes.
- 25 Mar 2012, 19:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Appointment on Thursday! Naturalization question
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1447
Appointment on Thursday! Naturalization question
Is it possible that in 1916 my greatgrandmother automatically naturalized along with my greatgrandfather? (I am claiming via GGF, GF, M).
Let me explain:
For my GGF I have a Certificate of Naturalization for 1916. It lists his residence and names his wife and children.
For my GGM I have a ...
Let me explain:
For my GGF I have a Certificate of Naturalization for 1916. It lists his residence and names his wife and children.
For my GGM I have a ...
- 18 Sep 2011, 22:51
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Doctors in 1890 in Floridia, Siracusa, Sicily
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1069
Doctors in 1890 in Floridia, Siracusa, Sicily
How would I obtain a list of doctors in Florida, Sicily in 1890? And a biography on them?
I would appreciate any direction you could provide!
Cannoli
I would appreciate any direction you could provide!
Cannoli
- 23 Sep 2010, 23:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization documents from Connecticut
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2379
Re: Naturalization documents from Connecticut
Thank you for your reply!
I am gathering documents to apply for citizenship. I have received a packet from the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service which includes my great-grandfather's naturalization certificate. Also included are the Declaration of ...
I am gathering documents to apply for citizenship. I have received a packet from the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service which includes my great-grandfather's naturalization certificate. Also included are the Declaration of ...
- 23 Sep 2010, 14:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization documents from Connecticut
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2379
Naturalization documents from Connecticut
I am re-posting this question with a clearer subject line...
I am applying for citizenship through my great grandfather.
According to the SF Consulate website, in addition to the federal document, I must also provide a Certificate of Naturalization from the county where my great grandfather ...
I am applying for citizenship through my great grandfather.
According to the SF Consulate website, in addition to the federal document, I must also provide a Certificate of Naturalization from the county where my great grandfather ...
- 21 Sep 2010, 13:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization docs--two questions
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1898
Naturalization docs--two questions
I am gathering documents to apply for citizenship. I have two questions about Naturalization documents.
I just received a packet from the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service which includes my great-grandfather's naturalization certificate. Also included ...
I just received a packet from the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service which includes my great-grandfather's naturalization certificate. Also included ...
- 21 Sep 2010, 13:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian taxes?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2903
Re: Italian taxes?
Thank you!
- 19 Sep 2010, 23:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian taxes?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2903
Italian taxes?
As a dual citizen (Italy and U.S.), I will not be required to pay Italian income (or other) taxes unless I live in or earn wages from Italy. Correct?