Search found 19 matches
- 18 Jul 2017, 17:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13837
Re: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
my great grandmother married Elia Fierro, lived in Armstrong PA, had many children (I want to say 14, possibly more, some died soon after birth). Sorry, not the same person. There is a Fierro Montella Facebook group but I think I'm in it because of DNA results. It's a huge group, all have ancestry ...
- 21 Apr 2013, 22:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with translation of Campofelice records, please
- Replies: 17
- Views: 8140
Re: need help with translation of Campofelice records, pleas
and, yes, I did see your translation of the marriage record. I wonder what happened to Maria, their child. When I look on the US census sheets from 1910, I see a child "Mary" but her date of birth is listed as 1905 - seems a stretch to pass the child as being born 4 yrs later when the child was ...
- 21 Apr 2013, 22:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with translation of Campofelice records, please
- Replies: 17
- Views: 8140
Re: need help with translation of Campofelice records, pleas
Erudita - How do you find records so quickly? Is it because you read Italian and are able to go page by page and pick up the right ones so quickly, or is there a search feature specifically for the microfilm records on the Family Search site? The nice gentleman who initially found the records for me ...
- 21 Apr 2013, 22:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with translation of Campofelice records, please
- Replies: 17
- Views: 8140
Re: need help with translation of Campofelice records, pleas
Jofma - email and messages on boards may seem less polite than they were intended. I think they were just helping guide you. I'm new to this forum, too (and making plenty of mistakes) but everyone here seems to be very helpful.
- 21 Apr 2013, 17:34
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with translation of Campofelice records, please
- Replies: 17
- Views: 8140
- 21 Apr 2013, 07:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with translation of Campofelice records, please
- Replies: 17
- Views: 8140
Re: need help with translation of Campofelice records, pleas
Trying this again with a compressed image.
- 21 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with translation of Campofelice records, please
- Replies: 17
- Views: 8140
Re: need help with translation of Campofelice records, pleas
I see that didn't upload correctly. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. How do people uploand images on this site? Is there a way I should save the files to make them open correctly when I upload them here?
Sorry for all the questions. I haven't used this site much before.
Sorry for all the questions. I haven't used this site much before.
- 21 Apr 2013, 07:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with translation of Campofelice records, please
- Replies: 17
- Views: 8140
Re: need help with translation of Campofelice records, pleas
I hope this picture loads correctly. I've made out most of all the top of the form for the marriage of Angelo Alessi and Lucia Gugliuzza, but I'm wondering what is handwritten beneath the standard form. I see the word "bambino"...did they already have a child when they married?
Do you know of any ...
Do you know of any ...
- 20 Apr 2013, 19:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with translation of Campofelice records, please
- Replies: 17
- Views: 8140
Re: need help with translation of Campofelice records, pleas
I didn't realize only a portion uploaded. I think its a birth index?
It's filed under the link: Indici decennali (nati) 1881-1890. I'm not sure where the image number is. I'll go back and see what I can find.
Thank you!
It's filed under the link: Indici decennali (nati) 1881-1890. I'm not sure where the image number is. I'll go back and see what I can find.
Thank you!
- 20 Apr 2013, 19:17
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need help with translation of Campofelice records, please
- Replies: 17
- Views: 8140
need help with translation of Campofelice records, please
Hello -
I posted here long ago when trying to find the Alessi side of my family tree. I just started searching again recently and thanks to some very helpful people, I've found documents from Italy pertaining to my family. However, I don't know the Italian language. The number of microfilm images ...
I posted here long ago when trying to find the Alessi side of my family tree. I just started searching again recently and thanks to some very helpful people, I've found documents from Italy pertaining to my family. However, I don't know the Italian language. The number of microfilm images ...
- 28 Jul 2010, 01:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13837
Re: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
Thank You! I also found my maternal grandfather on there, too.
This is a very helpful group. I'm glad I stumbled onto this forum~
Valerie
This is a very helpful group. I'm glad I stumbled onto this forum~
Valerie
- 26 Jul 2010, 03:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13837
Re: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
Thank you. All this information is helpful.
I'll follow up as you suggested.
My Best,
Valerie
I'll follow up as you suggested.
My Best,
Valerie
- 26 Jul 2010, 01:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13837
Re: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
Valarie
More good information.
If I pin down the towns, how do I go about renting the microfilm? I saw mention of that on the LDS Family Search site, but it looked like I needed to either be in a town where they have centers (which I'm no where near) or rent them for quite a bit of money (I seem to ...
More good information.
If I pin down the towns, how do I go about renting the microfilm? I saw mention of that on the LDS Family Search site, but it looked like I needed to either be in a town where they have centers (which I'm no where near) or rent them for quite a bit of money (I seem to ...
- 26 Jul 2010, 01:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13837
Re: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
Well, I very much appreciate it! I was going to try Ancestry.com, but worried I'd pay and find nothing much more than what I had. So many subscription based sites in other areas do that...draw someone in to pay, then don't end up being very useful. Guess I was wrong about Ancestry. I'll join when I ...
- 26 Jul 2010, 00:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13837
Re: D'Alesandro - Bono - Alessi
Valarie-
I'm speechless - this is all such great information. I only posted today and already you've provided me with so much more than I have found after weeks/months of looking!
I can't thank you enough! Where are you finding all this so quickly? I'm so grateful.
Thank you,
Valerie
I'm speechless - this is all such great information. I only posted today and already you've provided me with so much more than I have found after weeks/months of looking!
I can't thank you enough! Where are you finding all this so quickly? I'm so grateful.
Thank you,
Valerie