Search found 29 matches
- 28 Jan 2011, 20:22
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I called Silver Mount Cemetery again, and they answered and told me that they cannot look up any graves for people who died before 1930 over the phone. I'd have to send a $25 check in the mail. I'm not sure if I want to do that. If I knew when Vincenza's brothers died, maybe they would be buried ...
- 26 Jan 2011, 02:23
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I left a message on Silver Mount's answering machine, so I should hopefully get a response sometime soon. Michela Briscione should also be buried there, and then they'll be able to give me the year she died. That should help a lot with finding her death certificate. The strange thing is that she's ...
- 25 Jan 2011, 20:23
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I found out that that's the right Gennaro Marino because both he and Felicia Ricca are buried at St. John Cemetery. The date he was buried matches up with the death certificate I found. Silver Mount still isn't answering their phone though.
- 23 Jan 2011, 17:43
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I tried calling Silver Mount, but it went to an answering machine again. Did they answer your call? Do you know if Antonio Forlenza is buried there?
- 22 Jan 2011, 19:22
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I tried calling the cemetery, but I guess they're closed right now. I'll try again tomorrow. This might be where Felicia Ricca is buried then.
St. John Cemetery
80-01 Metropolitan Avenue
Middle Village, NY 11379-2991
I'll have to call them on Monday because they are closed already and they're not ...
St. John Cemetery
80-01 Metropolitan Avenue
Middle Village, NY 11379-2991
I'll have to call them on Monday because they are closed already and they're not ...
- 22 Jan 2011, 03:47
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I finally obtained those death certificates. None of them say a city of birth though. I'm positive this is the right Antonio Forlenza. I can't read the Place of Burial, but his wife Ma. Michela Briscione might be buried in the same place.
I'm also positive this is the right Felicia Ricca since her ...
I'm also positive this is the right Felicia Ricca since her ...
- 12 Jan 2011, 03:21
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I doubt it's of any use, but this article appears to be about your great uncle Daniel Forlenza. The census matches with his age and it says he was born in Staten Island too. http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/may/13/ ... ed-berlin/
- 25 Dec 2010, 07:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trouble finding family in 1900 Census and 1905 NY Census
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1360
Trouble finding family in 1900 Census and 1905 NY Census
I'm trying to confirm whether this naturalization record belongs to the same Alfonzo Ricca as this draft card. Both documents have his signature, but the birth dates are slightly different. I know that the naturalization petition belongs to either a cousin or a much younger brother of my great great ...
- 20 Dec 2010, 16:51
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
If his grandfather is the same Christ Forlenza from the census on the first page of this forum, then his great-grandfather Giacomo came from Contursi. I haven't really found out much more about Giacomo though.
Do you think that these two documents could belong to the same Alfonso Ricca that I ...
Do you think that these two documents could belong to the same Alfonso Ricca that I ...
- 20 Sep 2010, 03:06
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I found that a week ago when I still had a free trial to footnote.com. I'm guessing some of these documents probably belong to relatives too. http://www.footnote.com/search.php?quer ... in%3AItaly
- 20 Sep 2010, 02:40
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I found Alphonse Briscione's certificate of arrival on footnote.com. I'm not sure if he's a relative though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
- 19 Sep 2010, 19:25
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
This might be Alfonzo Ricca's marriage record.
http://beta.familysearch.org/s/recordDe ... OVNk8%253D
His mother's maiden name is Carnera. Is that a Contursi name too?
http://beta.familysearch.org/s/recordDe ... OVNk8%253D
His mother's maiden name is Carnera. Is that a Contursi name too?
- 11 Sep 2010, 04:06
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
I'm actually starting to think both Francesco and Gaetano left Contursi for good. Francesco's 3 kids and Gaetano's 3 kids were all baptized in Ascoli Satriano. http://beta.familysearch.org/s/search/index/record-search-advanced#searchType=records&collectionId=1708706&advanced=true&fed=true&page=1 ...
- 11 Sep 2010, 03:54
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
Scratch that. This might be Antonio Forlenza's baptism record. He was 92 when he passed away in 1918, so 1920 as a birth year isn't too far off.
http://beta.familysearch.org/s/recordDetails/show?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fpilot.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Ftrk%3A%2Ffsrs%2Frr_677035127%2Fp1&hash ...
http://beta.familysearch.org/s/recordDetails/show?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fpilot.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Ftrk%3A%2Ffsrs%2Frr_677035127%2Fp1&hash ...
- 11 Sep 2010, 03:38
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
- Replies: 72
- Views: 55583
Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi
No, I missed the Briscione when I first looked at it. Wow, that is surprising. I wish I knew where these Forlenza's fit into the family tree. One of them could be Antonio's father.