Joanna,
May I ask a question about applying for dual citizenship? I am very interested in that as well, but thanks to the fine folks on this message board, I've discovered that my paternal grandfather became a US citizen. Do you know if that hampers getting dual citizenship? From the VERY little ...
Search found 10 matches
- 27 Aug 2010, 22:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: requesting family records
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25394
- 26 Aug 2010, 20:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bambino and Ragone families
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7691
Re: Bambino and Ragone families
Question. On the emigration logs for Marie and Cono, it looks like it says Family Dept. and Male Dept. respectively on their logs. What does that mean?
Thanks!
Diana
Thanks!
Diana
- 25 Aug 2010, 22:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bambino and Ragone families
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7691
Bambino and Ragone families
I figure that when I finally get to an LDS research center, I should come armed with as much info as I can.
Now I'm looking for my grandmother's parents. I have even less information about them.
My grandmother - Rose Ragone - was born in NY on 12-17-1894. She died on 9-19-1942 in Queens, NY.
Her ...
Now I'm looking for my grandmother's parents. I have even less information about them.
My grandmother - Rose Ragone - was born in NY on 12-17-1894. She died on 9-19-1942 in Queens, NY.
Her ...
- 24 Aug 2010, 23:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestry . com question
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4394
Re: Ancestry . com question
Thank you everyone!
Peg, I sent an email yesterday to the address that you provided me with and have not heard back as of yet. I'm being patient...which is new for me. LOL
And Tessa, I've found where the closest LDS center is and will have to find the time to get there.
Again, thank you all for ...
Peg, I sent an email yesterday to the address that you provided me with and have not heard back as of yet. I'm being patient...which is new for me. LOL
And Tessa, I've found where the closest LDS center is and will have to find the time to get there.
Again, thank you all for ...
- 24 Aug 2010, 21:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestry . com question
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4394
Ancestry . com question
First I'd like to thank you all for the AMAZING amount of information you all gave me yesterday. I was stunned....and corrected many of the mistakes in my family history. :lol:
My question is, I'd like to dig deeper and research the family that stayed behind in Italy. Does Ancestry.com provide ...
My question is, I'd like to dig deeper and research the family that stayed behind in Italy. Does Ancestry.com provide ...
- 23 Aug 2010, 22:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desio or DeSio - looking for family info in Naples region
- Replies: 25
- Views: 10258
Re: Desio or DeSio - looking for family info in Naples regio
Actually, by that signature....it says De Sio. It turns out my father's handwriting is exactly like my grandfather's, so I'm used to trying to figure out what it says. 
- 23 Aug 2010, 21:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desio or DeSio - looking for family info in Naples region
- Replies: 25
- Views: 10258
Re: Desio or DeSio - looking for family info in Naples regio
Oh my goodness. You are all amazing. Keep it coming! This is the most information that I've ever gotten. My father and my aunts are all aging and no one knows any info anymore. I am going to put together a book of all this information. I want to try and dig back further to family in Italy to see if ...
- 23 Aug 2010, 21:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desio or DeSio - looking for family info in Naples region
- Replies: 25
- Views: 10258
Re: Desio or DeSio - looking for family info in Naples regio
Yes. Joseph married:
Rose Ragone, born NYC, 12-17-1895, died, 9-19-1942
Rose Ragone, born NYC, 12-17-1895, died, 9-19-1942
- 23 Aug 2010, 21:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desio or DeSio - looking for family info in Naples region
- Replies: 25
- Views: 10258
Re: Desio or DeSio - looking for family info in Naples regio
You are correct. I am trying to follow what my mother typed and now that you've pointed it out, it doesn't make sense! The way I am figuring it now, my dad is the Jr. So, the updated info would be:
Joseph Desio with the parents John and Marie.
Joseph Desio with the parents John and Marie.
- 23 Aug 2010, 20:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Desio or DeSio - looking for family info in Naples region
- Replies: 25
- Views: 10258
Desio or DeSio - looking for family info in Naples region
I'm trying to find my family information. My grandfather Joseph Desio moved to the US in the late 1800's or possibly very early 1900's. I cannot seem to find any information about him. From what I've seen on the EllisIsland.org site, the name could also be DeSio. The information I have is sketchy ...