Search found 13 matches
- 20 Jan 2019, 03:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17607
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Hi, I'm back researching! I did DNA tests on ancestry.com and 23andMe so my curiosity is peaking again. I am Lois' daughter and you are correct, my grandfather's given name is Enrico. My mom did the ancestry DNA test too, so at least I can weed out connections that are coming from her versus my Dad ...
- 21 Aug 2015, 20:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Della Bona & Pivirotto, Zambianco & Menegus - Vodo C
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4348
Re: Della Bona & Pivirotto, Zambianco & Menegus - Vodo C
Thank you Glauber for the information. I will check out Treviso.
Best,
Deanne
Best,
Deanne
- 19 Jun 2012, 02:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Della Bona & Pivirotto, Zambianco & Menegus - Vodo C
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4348
Re: Della Bona & Pivirotto, Zambianco & Menegus - Vodo C
Thanks Joel! that is helpful!
- 28 Jul 2011, 05:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17607
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Saw your message while I was cleaning up my yahoo account. Nice to hear back. I am starting my research back up again too. My Mom and I are planning a trip to Italy in the next couple years so time for me to get back at it. If I find anything new, will let you know as well!
-Deanne
-Deanne
- 27 Aug 2010, 19:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6739
Re: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
Thanks Laura for the info and bearing with my ignorance.
I got it. Ottavio and Luigi are definitely not brothers or cousins since their father can't have the same first name.
I found out today that my grandmother's middle name (Luigi's first born daughter) is Domenica, so the information you ...
I got it. Ottavio and Luigi are definitely not brothers or cousins since their father can't have the same first name.
I found out today that my grandmother's middle name (Luigi's first born daughter) is Domenica, so the information you ...
- 27 Aug 2010, 18:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6739
Re: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
Hi Laura, I found something else in another article on the internet.
http://www2.regione.veneto.it/videoinf/giornale/newgiornale/70/ciclismo.htm
Nacque a San Martino di Colle Umberto nella marca Trevigiana, nel 1894. Ottavio era al nono posto della graduatoria interna della discendenza del ...
http://www2.regione.veneto.it/videoinf/giornale/newgiornale/70/ciclismo.htm
Nacque a San Martino di Colle Umberto nella marca Trevigiana, nel 1894. Ottavio era al nono posto della graduatoria interna della discendenza del ...
- 27 Aug 2010, 15:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6739
Re: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
Hi Laura, did not see your previous message on his birth info till I went back into the forum.
Is Luigi synonymous for another Italian name? In the list of siblings from the book on google, I did not see his name there. Also the book mentions a Elena Tonel, but the records show a Domenica Giacomel ...
Is Luigi synonymous for another Italian name? In the list of siblings from the book on google, I did not see his name there. Also the book mentions a Elena Tonel, but the records show a Domenica Giacomel ...
- 27 Aug 2010, 15:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6739
Re: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
I am pretty sure they are not brothers, but possibly cousins. My info on Ottavio is that he was born Aug 1, 1894.
Welcome to the Forum! :D
From Googlebooks:
http://books.google.it/books?id=E7pPG8s-2aIC&printsec=frontcover&dq=ottavio+bottecchia&hl=it&ei=mxV2TIelOJbKjAeAiamuBg&sa=X&oi=book ...
Welcome to the Forum! :D
From Googlebooks:
http://books.google.it/books?id=E7pPG8s-2aIC&printsec=frontcover&dq=ottavio+bottecchia&hl=it&ei=mxV2TIelOJbKjAeAiamuBg&sa=X&oi=book ...
- 27 Aug 2010, 00:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Della Bona & Pivirotto, Zambianco & Menegus - Vodo C
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4348
Della Bona & Pivirotto, Zambianco & Menegus - Vodo C
Looking for any info on my Great-great-great grandparents Giovanni Della Bona and Giacoma Pivirotto and whether they originated from Vinigo, Vodo di Cadore. I know both names are indigenous to the area.
They had a son, Luigi Della Bona, born Feb 9, 1844 who is my great-great grandfather.
Also ...
They had a son, Luigi Della Bona, born Feb 9, 1844 who is my great-great grandfather.
Also ...
- 26 Aug 2010, 23:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17607
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Mike B. - My mother confirmed that she and your mother are cousins. She recalls your family moving to Florida and that they referred to your Grandfather as "Mickey" and mentioned one of your uncles was an air force pilot, once stationed at Nellis AFB.
- 26 Aug 2010, 23:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6739
Re: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
Laura, thank you so much for the info.
It is very interesting how the names get tweaked. The information you sent is about my family. The 1920 census is a little off, their first born was actually a daughter, Louise, who is my Grandmother. Mamie passed away the week before last in Raritan, NJ. Her ...
It is very interesting how the names get tweaked. The information you sent is about my family. The 1920 census is a little off, their first born was actually a daughter, Louise, who is my Grandmother. Mamie passed away the week before last in Raritan, NJ. Her ...
- 26 Aug 2010, 04:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bottecchia - from Cordignano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6739
Bottecchia - from Cordignano
Looking for any info on my great grandfathers history - Luigi Bottecchia. He was born around 1878, died 1926 in Raritan, NJ. He arrived in the US through Ellis Island in 1904. I believe he was born in Cordignano. I was able to locate some records on Ellis Island site and a WWI draft card.
I am also ...
I am also ...
- 26 Aug 2010, 04:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17607
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Thank you for posting this info. Henry A. Matteis is my grandfather and I was wondering about his family tree. I was just in Raritan, NJ last week and visited the cemetery. I took photos of the Matteis grave markers. I had trouble finding my grandfather, but was able to find his uncle and some ...