Search found 8 matches
- 21 Jan 2011, 16:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 10475
Help with acquiring Visa to reclaim Italian Citizenship
Greetings everyone and Happy New Year! After many months and thanks to everyone’s help, I was able to collect all documentation to go to Italian Consulate to re acquire Italian Citizenship. (Born in Italy but naturalized Canadian in 1963). The request has been sent to Comune in Italy. Next step is ...
- 24 Sep 2010, 21:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 10475
Re: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
I forgot to mention that I just wrote a blurp on Italian Citizenship board. Your thought?
- 24 Sep 2010, 21:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 10475
Re: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
No I dont have an official copy. The official copy was returned to Citizenship Canada so that I can obtain a wallet size. I will bring it with me anyway.
I will definately keep in touch. I found these forums to be excellent. It would have taken me months to find all this information, perhaps more ...
I will definately keep in touch. I found these forums to be excellent. It would have taken me months to find all this information, perhaps more ...
- 24 Sep 2010, 20:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 10475
Re: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
Unfortunately no such luck. He was a Canadian Citizen when we married. I have collected most of the documents as outlined in the NY consulate site. It takes up to 4 months to obtain search of citizenship records in Canada. I mailed the application and paid on line. I have copies of the Canadian ...
- 18 Sep 2010, 21:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 10475
Re: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
Sorry, I forgot to add that I would be the only one trying at this time, for your idea to work do I need my husband to also acquire his Italian Citizenship? We were born into different regions (North and South). Mary
- 18 Sep 2010, 21:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 10475
Re: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
Thank you. I will try. I have ordered their birth certificates (long form). How do I get then Apostilled? Is it necessary in Canada? Should I bring the birth certificates to the consolate?
- 18 Sep 2010, 20:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 10475
Re: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
Thank you.
Mler, my husband was also natularized as a Canadian. The only family members on both sides would be my children's great grandfathers. Could they apply via jure sanguinis via their great grandfathers or has the line been broken.
Also, I dont understand why they could not apply through me ...
Mler, my husband was also natularized as a Canadian. The only family members on both sides would be my children's great grandfathers. Could they apply via jure sanguinis via their great grandfathers or has the line been broken.
Also, I dont understand why they could not apply through me ...
- 17 Sep 2010, 21:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 10475
Help with reclaiming Italian Citizenship
Hi Everyone, I'm very new at this ... but it looks like there are many of you who are very knoledge on the subject... I need your help please!
Here is my story:
I was born in Italy in 1954. I emigrated to Canada on April 22, 1965. My father became a Canadian Citizen in 1966, and as a minor I ...
Here is my story:
I was born in Italy in 1954. I emigrated to Canada on April 22, 1965. My father became a Canadian Citizen in 1966, and as a minor I ...