Search found 6 matches
- 25 Sep 2010, 03:16
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Recommendations on learning Southern Italian Language
- Replies: 10
- Views: 10085
Re: Recommendations on learning Southern Italian Language
Oh you mean like all Italian written is the same and can be read by everyone regardless of dialect? Good question, Im not sure about that.Maybe someone else can answer. Its sort of like language in America. We all have different accents and maybe used different words in different parts of the ...
- 22 Sep 2010, 16:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Masculine and feminine forms of last names?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7897
Re: Masculine and feminine forms of last names?
I have never heard of this either, the only people I do know who use this for sure are Greeks. Greek surnames in Greece are referred to in masculine and feminine depending on the person.
For example the name Papadopoulos is the male version
and the surname for the female would be referred to as ...
For example the name Papadopoulos is the male version
and the surname for the female would be referred to as ...
- 22 Sep 2010, 14:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Question Regarding Mothers marriage.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2322
Re: Question Regarding Mothers marriage.
Yes, I am 28 years old, and on my birth certificate it contains a section "mothers maiden name" where her full maiden name is listed (Lento), and it also lists at the bottom "Signature of Parent" where it listed her as Mrs. with my fathers surname.
Thank you very much Carmine.
Thank you very much Carmine.
- 22 Sep 2010, 07:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Question Regarding Mothers marriage.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2322
Question Regarding Mothers marriage.
My mother and father got legally registered as married when I was 4 years old. My mother was married once before before she met my father for short time, and got divorced before, however after divorcing her first husband, she kept his surname as her registered name, and this name appears on my ...
- 22 Sep 2010, 01:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Question Regarding Obtaining Italian Nationality
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2680
Re: Question Regarding Obtaining Italian Nationality
Thank you very much mler
I guess I have 2 shots of this, My mother was indeed born after 1948
So I have to keep my fingers crossed that 1 of my maternal great grandfathers did not get naturalized before having my grandma or grandpa.
Unfortunately my Grandfather is dead and my Grandmother does ...
I guess I have 2 shots of this, My mother was indeed born after 1948
So I have to keep my fingers crossed that 1 of my maternal great grandfathers did not get naturalized before having my grandma or grandpa.
Unfortunately my Grandfather is dead and my Grandmother does ...
- 22 Sep 2010, 00:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Question Regarding Obtaining Italian Nationality
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2680
Question Regarding Obtaining Italian Nationality
Forgive me if this has already been covered before, I am an American citizen, Of Greek-Italian Heritage currently living in Greece.
I have had the desire for many years to obtain Greek citizenship, but have run into several problems in Greece with technicalities, my fathers family name change, and ...
I have had the desire for many years to obtain Greek citizenship, but have run into several problems in Greece with technicalities, my fathers family name change, and ...