Hi,
Since this forum topic worked so well in getting a quick reply I thought I would try it to see if somebody out there could check the indexes for another record. Although this record is a death record not a birth record.
I'm looking for the death record of Amelia Astley (her married name) who ...
Search found 9 matches
- 13 Aug 2013, 01:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: New York Public Library Birth Records Index
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8284
- 17 Apr 2013, 06:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian "minors"
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1690
Re: Italian "minors"
A Minor Naturalization was when an immigrant who arrived as a minor and was not naturalized through their parents before they turned 18. When they became adults they could file a Petition for Naturalization without first filing a Declaration of Intent.
You should be aware that sometimes people ...
You should be aware that sometimes people ...
- 13 Aug 2012, 22:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: New York Public Library Birth Records Index
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8284
Re: New York Public Library Birth Records Index
Justin,
Once again, Thanks.
S.
Once again, Thanks.
S.
- 13 Aug 2012, 22:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: New York Public Library Birth Records Index
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8284
Re: New York Public Library Birth Records Index
Justin,
Wow that was really fast. Thanks. I guess I might as well ask you for confirmation of the middle brother's date of birth. He was Matteo Grippi and his birth date was given as March 12, 1917.
I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
S.
Wow that was really fast. Thanks. I guess I might as well ask you for confirmation of the middle brother's date of birth. He was Matteo Grippi and his birth date was given as March 12, 1917.
I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
S.
- 13 Aug 2012, 21:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: New York Public Library Birth Records Index
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8284
Re: New York Public Library Birth Records Index
Since Justin was kind enough to actually look for my grandfather's birth information in the New York Public Library birth index, I'm hoping that someone with access to the index could help me with another Grippi family mystery.
The birth date of my grandfather's oldest brother, Benedetto, was most ...
The birth date of my grandfather's oldest brother, Benedetto, was most ...
- 12 Aug 2012, 23:38
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Any records for Garibaldi's Redshirts?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10948
Re: Any records for Garibaldi's Redshirts?
The Torino archives has a searchable database of appx. 35,000 of the soldiers that served under Garibaldi:
http://archiviodistatotorino.benicultur ... search.php
http://archiviodistatotorino.benicultur ... baldini-en
http://archiviodistatotorino.benicultur ... search.php
http://archiviodistatotorino.benicultur ... baldini-en
- 11 Aug 2012, 22:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
- Replies: 47
- Views: 64035
Re: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
Carla,
Earlier you asked if the church records from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi still exist. Some of them still do, but there are gaps with some years missing.
My great grandfather was born there and later immigrated to the U.S.
The church records were never microfilmed by the LDS church and since ...
Earlier you asked if the church records from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi still exist. Some of them still do, but there are gaps with some years missing.
My great grandfather was born there and later immigrated to the U.S.
The church records were never microfilmed by the LDS church and since ...
- 11 Aug 2012, 09:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: New York Public Library Birth Records Index
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8284
Re: New York Public Library Birth Records Index
Justin,
Thank you so much for taking the time to look up the index record for me. Even just this index record is very helpful. Whenever NYC moves the 1919 birth records to their archive dept., I'll use the certificate number to order a copy.
I'm still baffled as to how a census taker could end up ...
Thank you so much for taking the time to look up the index record for me. Even just this index record is very helpful. Whenever NYC moves the 1919 birth records to their archive dept., I'll use the certificate number to order a copy.
I'm still baffled as to how a census taker could end up ...
- 10 Aug 2012, 01:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: New York Public Library Birth Records Index
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8284
New York Public Library Birth Records Index
Hi,
I'm trying to find my grandfather's birth date. He was born in Brooklyn to Italian immigrant parents and given the name Leonardo Antonio Grippi, which he later anglicized. For most of his life he gave his birth date as July 27, 1919. His father's naturalization record from 1922 gave his birth ...
I'm trying to find my grandfather's birth date. He was born in Brooklyn to Italian immigrant parents and given the name Leonardo Antonio Grippi, which he later anglicized. For most of his life he gave his birth date as July 27, 1919. His father's naturalization record from 1922 gave his birth ...