Search found 7 matches

by JesB
04 Aug 2011, 21:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Can you help me find my Great Grandmother?
Replies: 12
Views: 6374

Re: Can you help me find my Great Grandmother?

Oh my gosh. The moment I read this I got so excited! My Great Grandmother was Wanda, grandmother Laura, mother Audra. Ileana would be my great aunt. I'm not sure where Paul used to live but my grandfather told me he was a Dress Designer and owned a couple of companies in NYC. I've found out a little ...
by JesB
08 Jul 2011, 22:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for some ancestors, or current relatives?
Replies: 10
Views: 2622

Re: Looking for some ancestors, or current relatives?

Thank you so much for all these relatives and the link. You really got me started here with all that information :)
by JesB
08 Jul 2011, 02:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for some ancestors, or current relatives?
Replies: 10
Views: 2622

Re: Looking for some ancestors, or current relatives?

Just found out a couple more things from my grandfather:
Paolo was in the Italian army and after he immigrated to NY he became a dress designer and then owned a couple of factories in NYC
One was called Hugot or Hugett and a sort of manufacturing company
(something to do with costume and jewelry ...
by JesB
08 Jul 2011, 01:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for some ancestors, or current relatives?
Replies: 10
Views: 2622

Re: Looking for some ancestors, or current relatives?

I have not seen a manifest (or maybe I have, I don't know what that is). I have seen Paolo's Petition for Naturalization but the link to that has broken. Do you know a place I could get it or buy if I absolutely have to? :P

Thanks so much for the birth record!!! You may have just solved another ...
by JesB
08 Jul 2011, 00:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for some ancestors, or current relatives?
Replies: 10
Views: 2622

Looking for some ancestors, or current relatives?

Here are some facts that I've gathered so far:

My G-G grandmother's name was Antonetta Tessitore/Tessitori (Maiden: Massimilla)
Born abt 1897
She came from Frignano Possible Relatives was a father named Pasquale Massimilla


My G-G Grandfather's name was Paolo Hugo Tessitore/Tessitori
He came from ...
by JesB
08 Oct 2010, 19:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Can you help me find my Great Grandmother?
Replies: 12
Views: 6374

Re: Can you help me find my Great Grandmother?

THANK YOU so much for your help! This is it! My mom and I have been dyeing to figure this out and have been hoping to find relatives in Italy. This is much more than we ever new. Thank YOU!!!!!!
by JesB
08 Oct 2010, 18:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Can you help me find my Great Grandmother?
Replies: 12
Views: 6374

Can you help me find my Great Grandmother?

my great great grandmother came to the US from Italy in the 1900's. She is currently deceased. I am told that she may have come from sicily but I am not so sure. Here is some information about her:

Maiden Name: Antoinette Maximilian (spelling may be wrong)
Married Name: Antoinette Tessitori
Husband ...