Search found 11 matches
- 19 Nov 2010, 19:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship through Maternal GF?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4352
Re: Citizenship through Maternal GF?
Thanks for your reply Carmine. His name originally was Guido Perini, but at some point it was changed to Theodore. He was born in 1900, and immigrated in 1905. He lived in Haverstraw NY for nearly all of his life, though I know he worked in NYC as a young man. I have checked the records for Rockland ...
- 19 Nov 2010, 18:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship through Maternal GF?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4352
Re: Citizenship through Maternal GF?
I was born in 1954.
- 19 Nov 2010, 17:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship through Maternal GF?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4352
Citizenship through Maternal GF?
My Materanal GF was born in Italy and naturalized (I think) in 1941. My mother was born in 1928. Does this make me eligible? I have my GF's Italian birth certificate. If I am eligible, does anyone know how I can get his naturalization record? Grazie for any help you can offer. Cheryl
- 17 Nov 2010, 20:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for info on Armando Muzio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 5220
Re: looking for info on Armando Muzio
Thank you Biff, I will check this out. You really are a master! Cheryl
- 17 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for info on Armando Muzio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 5220
Re: looking for info on Armando Muzio
I agree that it's very interesting that Francesco Muzio was on the manifest, and that the 1920 census records note that "Irman" first immigated in 1903 -- perhaps Armando was listed as Francesco? Were those kind of mistakes common?
- 17 Nov 2010, 14:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for info on Armando Muzio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 5220
Re: looking for info on Armando Muzio
It seems Celestina may have come back and forth in 1910 as well:
. In terms of the immigration records on Celestina, it seems she came twice. The record as having her from Ottone is as follows:
First Name: Guiseppina
Last Name: Croce
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Ottone
Date of ...
. In terms of the immigration records on Celestina, it seems she came twice. The record as having her from Ottone is as follows:
First Name: Guiseppina
Last Name: Croce
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Ottone
Date of ...
- 17 Nov 2010, 14:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for info on Armando Muzio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 5220
Re: looking for info on Armando Muzio
Thank you all so much for your help -- this is a great community! Celestina did come first at 15 or 16, then went back and came again. This is what I have found:
First Name: Celestina
Last Name: Croce
Ethnicity: Italian-Ital No.
Last Place of Residence: Nottiglia
Date of Arrival: Oct 08, 1903
Age at ...
First Name: Celestina
Last Name: Croce
Ethnicity: Italian-Ital No.
Last Place of Residence: Nottiglia
Date of Arrival: Oct 08, 1903
Age at ...
- 16 Nov 2010, 20:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for info on Armando Muzio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 5220
Re: looking for info on Armando Muzio
Yes, I will do this tonight. Unfortunately, I must go to work now! Putting his birthday as the 20th is funny, because family always says his birthday was the 10th of December, and Celestina's was the 8th. Again, thanks. Cheryl
- 16 Nov 2010, 20:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for info on Armando Muzio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 5220
Re: looking for info on Armando Muzio
Hello again Biff.
I just realized that these references are all about my grandparents -- even though their names were spelled wrong! Again, grazie!
I just realized that these references are all about my grandparents -- even though their names were spelled wrong! Again, grazie!
- 16 Nov 2010, 20:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for info on Armando Muzio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 5220
Re: looking for info on Armando Muzio
Hello Biff,
Thanks you so much for this information! These are my grandparents. Would you have a tip on how I might locate a birth certificate? Neither Armando nor Celestina ever naturalized. I found Celestina's alien registration card among family papers, but I have found nothing on armando. Again ...
Thanks you so much for this information! These are my grandparents. Would you have a tip on how I might locate a birth certificate? Neither Armando nor Celestina ever naturalized. I found Celestina's alien registration card among family papers, but I have found nothing on armando. Again ...
- 16 Nov 2010, 16:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for info on Armando Muzio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 5220
looking for info on Armando Muzio
I am new at this, so I apoligise if these posts are very basic. My grandfather, Armando Muzio, was born outside of Genoa (perhaps in "Borgo" or Ottone) around 1880. I am looking for his birth certificate or other information. I found an A. Muzio in the Ellis Island records, but could not tell where ...