Search found 12 matches

by John.Angelo
05 Dec 2010, 14:04
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian Military Records 1906
Replies: 5
Views: 5804

Italian Military Records 1906

Hello...does anyone know were to look for Italian Military Records? I'm looking for a Lorenzo Maiuri b. 07.27.1889 (Ceprano, Italy). Changed his name after he came to USA to John Maiuri. d. 10.05.1964 John Maiuri Det. MI . He came to USA in 1907. I herd he was in the Italian Military (seems young to ...
by John.Angelo
28 Nov 2010, 11:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Re: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

I found more information. It looks like Giovanni may have changed his name to John (Cencus Report) and I found a prayer card from 1964 with John Maiuri. John (Giovanni) Maiuri born Ceprano 07.27.1889 died Detroit 10.05.1964. Angela (Angelina) Maiuri born Ceprano 01.27.1890 died Detroit 06.08.1971 ...
by John.Angelo
28 Nov 2010, 03:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Re: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

This is the Giovanni Maiuri i have been looking for!! Thank You so much!! I had his sisters name wrong. This information is correct. And Angelo was not born at the time of cencus. The second report shows Rocco & Joesphine (Daughter) this report does look like family and I remember hearing the names ...
by John.Angelo
27 Nov 2010, 23:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Re: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

I did hear about an uncle who stayed in Ceprano. Im working on a middle name. Giovanni Maiuri nik name was John "Bosco"
by John.Angelo
27 Nov 2010, 21:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Re: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

Hello Again. I was still looking for the date/ship information for Giovanni Maiuri.
by John.Angelo
27 Nov 2010, 17:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Re: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

Amazing information! Thank Both of You! Giovanni Maiuri born Ceprano died Detroit 1964 (Sep. or Oct.?) Angelo Maiuri born Det. 12.02.30/32? died Macomb MI. 06.13.96 son of Giovanni & Angela Maiuri. Colasanti name was said to be related but didnt know how (this may be the link). Any more information ...
by John.Angelo
27 Nov 2010, 16:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Re: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

Giovanni Maiuri wife's name was Angelina Lombardi/o
by John.Angelo
27 Nov 2010, 15:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Re: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

No not looking for the son of Ardunio. I'm trying to find out Giovanni Maiuri brothers name to help.
by John.Angelo
27 Nov 2010, 15:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Re: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

Not sure of Giovanni's wife's first name or his brothers/sisters. If Ardunio and Maria are correct, they would have a son Giovanni or John who had 4-6 children.
by John.Angelo
27 Nov 2010, 15:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Re: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

Ardunio, Maria and Emma may be correct? If this is correct they would have another son Giovanni or John Maiuri. Not sure about 3619 Grand Ave., but I know he did live on Cooper Street for many years.
by John.Angelo
27 Nov 2010, 14:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Re: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

Thanks for the information. However I believe Giovanni wifes name was Lombardi or Lombardo. Not sure we have the correct Giovanni Maiuri?
by John.Angelo
27 Nov 2010, 13:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit
Replies: 27
Views: 21164

Giovanni Maiuri Ceprano Detroit

Hello...I'm looking for any information relating to Giovanni Maiuri from Ceprano. He lived/worked in Detroit for the Detroit Railroad. He had four children Angelo, Frank, Youlanda and Rose. I believe he was in the Italian Army? He would have been born around 1900? in Ceprano and came to the U.S ...