Search found 4 matches
- 08 Oct 2011, 10:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mariutto family from Udine
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6131
Re: Mariutto family from Udine
Hi, If this is the Philip born in 1885, then he was the elder brother of my maternal grandfather, James Edward, born in 1893. I would certainly be interested in any information you have on the family. You can contact me on stevebroomers@aol.com or 01766 831221. Thanks and Best Regards, Steve ...
- 23 Dec 2010, 08:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mariutto family from Udine
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6131
Re: Mariutto family from Udine
Daniela, thank you for that information - another useful lead. 
Steve B.
Steve B.
- 22 Dec 2010, 20:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mariutto family from Udine
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6131
Re: Mariutto family from Udine
Wow, that's brilliant folks - so much in such a short time, and also confirming the sketchy facts I possessed.
The WW1 stuff stacks up perfectly and I guess the father being John is an anglicised version of Giovanni.
Many thanks.
Steve B.
The WW1 stuff stacks up perfectly and I guess the father being John is an anglicised version of Giovanni.
Many thanks.
Steve B.
- 22 Dec 2010, 18:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mariutto family from Udine
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6131
Mariutto family from Udine
Hi, I am looking for assistance in tracing my maternal grandfather and his ancestry. He became known in England as James Edward Marriott, but the surname was changed from Mariutto in the early 1920s. I am not sure what the original christian name(s) was/were either - as those seem very English. He ...